6.2

2004 Nissan Titan miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Nissan Titan:

2004 Nissan Titan Owner Comments

Jan 012007

Titan 8-cyl

Rust spots on the roof. Paint chips over 95% of the vehicles body. I am not aware of how this issue precipitated as this vehicle is garaged when at home and in a secure parking location on a military air base when I am at work. I have met with ferman Nissan service manager eric green, a ferman body shop professional named 'chris' and Mr. Battista, the collision center director. All concur there is a real paint issue however the Nissan representative was the decision maker on warranty repairs of which he denied a claim. The rust must be 'perforated' through according to ferman Nissan which it is not as yet. Also; I was told it is 'out of warranty' which I now have 39K miles on the vehicle and this was reported at the time of purchase then again when I took it in for the 32K miles service.

- Tampa, FL, USA

Apr 292005

Titan 8-cyl

Can not read computer-generated information in daylight, cloudy or otherwise. Includes gear indicator, tow mode, mileage, air conditioning, etc. Had an army lt. Col. On his knees trying to read the gauges as we were driving through las vegas, nv. Prior to this trip out West, all of my driving had been local and infrequent (I use a more economical car for in-town/local driving), and the speedometer is not computer generated. This is unsafe and I do not wish to be killed trying to see the dash instruments. I have driven with the rheostat turned all the way up, with no effect/benefit. I bought this truck to tow my trailer and travel. I am unsafe during daylight and towing a trailer at night is not acceptable nor practical. I called the manufacturer (Nissan) who directed me to take the vehicle to my local dealer (jenkins in lakeland, fl). While the head of service (Mr. Dunkin) agreed he could not read the information on a cloudy day, his only advice was to turn the rheostat all the way up, which was already done. He said nothing could be done. Did not give me any paperwork to prove I was there. Condition is on-going and is very dangerous. A person could easily take full attention off of driving to try to read the gauges. This could and would cause accidents. The number of failures is every time I drive in daylight.

- Lakeland, FL, USA

Jul 182005

Titan 4WD

I have taken my truck in twice now for the brakes and the carpet being soaking wet from the truck leaking somewhereand the passenger airbag light not turning off. They resurfaced my brakes and said the leak was from the A/C. they also told us about the brake problem with the 2004 Titans and that they would put us on a waiting list for the replacement parts. We are now taking it in again for the same problems. The floor is soaking wet and we have not ran the A/C. the brakes are shaking violently again, and not to mention the new problem of the cargo light turning on by itself when it is parked. I only have about 8300 miles on my truck and I only drive 5 miles one way to work. These are major problems that are occuring in such short time of having the truck.

- Lavergne, TN, USA

Jun 012005

Titan 8-cyl

Brakes on the 2004 Nissan truck are faulty. Overheating rotors are causing the front end to shake. Stopping distance is dramatically increased.

- Huntingtown, MD, USA