2004 Nissan Titan miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Nissan Titan:

2004 Nissan Titan Owner Comments

Aug 172016

Titan

My husband was involved in an accident August 17th 2016 resulting in his death. Investigators can not figure out what caused the accident but his vehicle caught fire. We're not even certain the airbags deployed. When I looked at the truck after the accident there was no proof the airbags had deployed and cause for fire is unknown.

- Augusta, KS, USA

Jun 092015

Titan

Emergency brake and rear brakes got covered in gear oil because the rear differential seal leaking. It started spewing all over the place and when I tried to come to a stop it took way longer than normal forcing me to swerve to miss a pedestrian and hitting the curb and a bush. This should be a safety recall because the differential leaking on the brakes is definitely a safety concern.

- Sacramento, CA, USA

Jul 232011

Titan 8-cyl

While traveling to go on a 13 hour drive, all of our engine lights came on and the truck became sluggish. We had truck towed and got a call from dealership saying what happen was muffler/exhaust unit fell off during travel and the unit remaining got so hot it burned out entire part of truck including, ECU, rear right harness, and 3 other things. Cost to fix over $3,000. After paying hefty bill shop manager said this was the 5th Titan in our small town he had same issue with and that he agrees this is the worst place for a unit on a truck and manufacturer should of put other location. I then filed a complaint with Nissan Consumer Affairs. They acted like they cared and then 3 weeks later they denied helping me at all saying it was out of warranty. I did research on line and lots of people are having same issue. This is a huge safety concern and I think needs to be recalled and I need to be reimbursed for my repairs. I find it odd that the exhaust manifold also cracked on the truck on the right and left side and Nissan covers that until 80,000 miles.

- Rapid City, SD, USA

Sep 292011

Titan 4WD 8-cyl

Within a 5 mile range the vehicle started to whine, then clank, then lock-up. Emergency brakes failed and rear differential failed... vehicle was undriveable. This vehicle just hit 100,000 miles. Repair is > 1/5th of vehicle value. This is a very common failure in 2004 Nissan Titans. Very dangerous - especially if towing a trailer (which is what this vehicle is advertised to do)

- Glassford, IL, USA

Feb 082011

Titan 4WD 8-cyl

Went to start truck and as I started driving there was a loud bang from the rear of truck and the truck stopped moving forward then the engine revved and it seemed to catch and the truck moved forward slowly. The entire rear end of the truck went out and now needs to be replaced. Lucky I was only going 5mph.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Dec 052010

Titan 8-cyl

My rear axel differential on my 2004 Nissan Titan SE leaked gear oil for the second time in 3 years. My truck had 59,900 miles when it occurred for the second time. I called Nissan motor company. They said they would not cover the repair. I had to repair the truck at my expense due to Nissan bad designed of the rear differential axel (seals).

- Bell, CA, USA

Dec 132004

Titan

The door handles on my 2004 Nissan Titan all freeze shut when it gets cold out. It seems to let water come in around handle and than it freezes. This prevent me from being able to gain entrance into vehicle. This occurs everytime it is cold out especially in winter. Nissan refuses to pay for repairs as vehicle is out of warranty and it will cost roughly $175 for parts per door plus labor. I guess in later models they have redesigned them but refuses to fix vehicles with old old designed handles.

- Pataskala, OH, USA