1.8

2006 Nissan Titan engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Nissan Titan:

2006 Nissan Titan Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Jan 032016

Titan

I drove my 2006 Nissan Titan le to mcdonald's on elk street which is like 5 miles away from my house when you got food came back to my house which is 1700 swanson drive space 43 when inside came back out radiator blew out the bottom replaced radiator and then transmission started going out electrical units relays going out replaced but still truck is acting up really bad I have replaced the radiator transmission bracket tons and tons of fluids a bunch of electrical fuses really tired of working on my truck transmission is going out and I don't feel like I should have to pay for this problem when it all occurred at one time I have this trucks financed I still owe $17,000 on it and it barely runs I would like to proceed on maybe figuring out a way to help me get a new transmission or getting a different vehicle.

- Rock Springs, WY, USA

Aug 012015

Titan

The contact owns a 2006 Nissan Titan. While driving 5 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning on numerous occasions. The vehicle was not diagnosed nor repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The VIN was unknown. The failure mileage was 132,000.

- Big Run, PA, USA

May 152014

P0430 and P0420 code.

- Ontario, CA, USA

Oct 242015

Titan

Cracked exhaust manifold has been noted, and/or.possible malfunction of catalytic converters welded to manifolds. 118,500 miles. Replacement manifolds/cats cost is very expensive and labor intensive. So-called "common problem" with Titans. Imo, this problem may possibly send CO2 to passengers if not corrected, not to mention poor vehicle performance and possible severe engine damage if not corrected. Nissan should certainly initiate a recall on this dangerous problem.

- Vandalia, MO, USA

Aug 172015

Titan

My only complaint would be why hasn't their been a recall on any Titans that are having cracked exhaust manifolds, which cause check engine light and very expensive repairs.

- Barstow, CA, USA

May 222015

Titan

On 05/22/2015, traveling on interstate highway at or near posted speed in mild sunny weather. The truck just shut off in lane of traffic. There was no hesitation, noise, alarm, warning lights just shut down. There was no power steering or power brakes. Pulled vehicle over to rh shoulder and tried to restart it with out success.on 05/18/2015, I had the truck serviced and inspected at a Nissan dealership in anticipation of this road trip. The truck passed dealer inspection. I had the truck towed to a Nissan dealer service center and after several days the dealer told me the ECM had failed and shorted out the ignition switch. The repair bill was a little over $1400. I am not objecting to the cost of repair....I am concerned about the truck just stopping on the highway without warning. If this breakdown would have happened in the middle or driving lanes of a nearby freeway, or on a steep incline with turns the results may have been very bad. The dealership said the short and failure of the ECM were a result of a leak in the exhaust system (same one that passed inspection) and heat shorted the wiring harness. I feel the wiring harness may be too close to the heat of the exhaust system and could have been isolated as not to cause failure. Updated 8/31/15

- Kansas City , MO, USA

May 102007

Titan

The exhaust manifolds crack and cause engine warning light. Only fix is to re place manifolds. Manifolds are manufacture defective. Cost to replace is over $2000 Nissan stated no recall.

- Fairbanks, AK, USA

Dec 242014

Titan 4WD 8-cyl

While driving down the road the rear tire flew off (passenger). Had we been even a 1/4 of a mile further we would have been on major highway and this could have killed us and any on coming traffic. When we went to repair Nissan dealer wanted hundreds of dollars more for parts/gave us wrong parts and we had to travel several miles and make several trips to have car repaired...through no help of Nissan shop..

- Springdale , WA, USA

Apr 082014

Titan

Exhaust manifolds cracked leaking asked Nissan for help was rejected had manifolds replaced with aftermarket parts which cost 1/3 the price of Nissan work done by a master Nissan tech.

- Coventry, RI, USA

Jan 242015

Titan 8-cyl

My husband went to see his mom and about 20 miles from our home approximately 5 miles away from destination the truck started vibrating and sputtering then the engine started making a loud clanking noise then shut of mechanic said the engine was blown prior to all this engine started cutting out while driving on the freeway when we went to do our smog check it failed because of the catalytic converters had to be replaced due to the fact that the honeycomb was completely gone.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Sep 012014

Titan

The contact owns a 2006 Nissan Titan. The contact stated that the odor of exhaust was present inside the cabin of the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who diagnosed that the problem was due to a cracked exhaust manifold. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the problem. The failure mileage was 50,000.

- Edgewater, FL, USA

Apr 162014

Titan

Crack on the exhaust manifold on passenger side.

- Williamston, SC, USA

Jul 182014

Titan

Cracked exhaust manifolds. Both at the same time.

- Gibsonia, PA, USA

Jul 012014

Titan 8-cyl

The exhaust manifolds crack and cause emissions leaks.

- Richland, WA, USA

Jun 192014

Titan 8-cyl

Was told during yearly state vehicle inspection that it would not pass due to cracked exhaust manifolds on both the driver's and passenger's side. I was 19 days out of warranty, but almost 23,000 miles under. This is a pleasure use truck that averages roughly 7000 miles per year and sometimes isn't driven for weeks. I have had it serviced by the dealership from the day I bought it. Sought assistance from Nissan America but was declined without explanation. It's clear that both did not crack after the expiration date of the warranty. It is also clear, based on only a few minutes of internet research, that this is a widespread and well published problem. The fact that it won't pass a state inspection speaks to the danger of serious personal injury due to exhaust fumes entering the cabin. Why have you not forced a recall? the manifolds being replaced have no design improvements to prevent future failures. Nissan needs to be forced to correct their design issues. Replacing failed parts with identical parts, that are sure to fail, is nothing more than retaliation for being forced to honor any sort of warranty and a "gotcha" to the consumer.

- Spring Grove, PA, USA

Apr 082008

Titan

Noticed upon starting the vehicle, a clicking sound which became louder when driving. Vehicle was under warranty. The dealer stated the exhaust manifold was cracked. They fixed it. Shortly after the other exhaust manifold cracked and they fixed that as well. Since then, the warranty has expired and either one or both exhaust manifolds have cracked again. I was told it was going to cost literally thousands of dollars to repair. Unfortunately, I can not afford to repair the vehicle. I was upset, but was willing to accept the situation, until one morning I got a strong smell of exhaust in the cab of the vehicle. Being a mechanic, I had my hunches. It doesn't happen all the time, but on occasion I get exhaust emission in the vehicle. I have also recently found online that there are an abundant amount of other Nissan Titan owners complaining of the same thing. There is also the possibility that if the leak is around any wiring, the hot gas may cause the wiring to melt causing a possible engine fire. That of course is just an educated opinion. How many more exhaust manifolds have to crack before Nissan will admit they are a defective design. Is it about the money to recall the vehicle or is it about safety after all? in addition, I would have completed this form a lot sooner, but I was just recently informed about it. The vehicle obviously has more wear and tear and more mileage, but the fact remains that this happened many miles ago. Thank you for taking time to read my letter.

- Cold Spring, NY, USA

Mar 012013

Titan

The contact owns a 2006 Nissan Titan. The contact stated that an abnormal noise emitted from the exhaust system. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for inspection where the contact was advised that the exhaust manifold was cracked due to defective material. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 75,000 and the current mileage was 85,000.

- Ellington , CT, USA

Sep 022013

Titan

While waiting for my wife to come out of a store with truck running I noticed a light flickering in the store window. My wife came out of the store and got into the truck. While backing out I noticed the flickering light in the window coming with me. When I stopped the truck I noticed smoke coming up over my hood then the cab of the truck started to get warm. I noticed a burning smell and told my wife that I think my truck was on fire. I got out of the truck, went to the front and saw the condenser fan motor on fire. I was able to extinguish the fire with a can of coke that was on the ground. A little while later it flamed up again and had to get a bucket of water from the store clerk. The fire caused over $4100 in damage. I had a recall on this condenser fan motor, had it taken care of in February 2012. Caught fire on 09/02/2013.

- Harvey, LA, USA

Jul 012013

Titan 8-cyl

Both passenger and driver side exhaust manifolds are cracked and exhaust fumes are entering cab while driving causing engine check light to stay on and engine running rough.

- Dade City, FL, USA

Jun 122013

Titan

The contact owns a 2006 Nissan Titan. The contact stated that upon inspection, it was found that exhaust manifold was cracked. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not contacted. The failure mileage was 80,025.

- Blythewood, SC, USA