1.3

2006 Nissan Titan fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Nissan Titan:

2006 Nissan Titan Owner Comments

Nov 242013

Titan 8-cyl

Sunday evening my son was driving onto an entrance ramp to I-10 interstate when the truck died. Fuel gauge indicated truck had fuel. Would not start, left on side of interstate until next day. Bought some gas to put into tank which started the truck. He drove to fill tank ! fuel gauge inaccurately displays fuel reading. Called Nissan to informed them of my understanding that a fuel system recall. I was told I serviced my truck with this recall which I told corporate I was told there was no problem with my fuel system. I always ask for old parts but was not provided. Today, I took my truck to picayune Nissan to get info on cost, diagnostics for corporate for them to make decision to approve this recall work. I spoke with service manager that the dealership sends used parts to corporate because they paid for work. I ask I should have the right to inspect old worn parts"! dealership now wants to charge me about $400 for this recall work. Why is a recall warranty allowed a one-time fix!"! lemon comes to mind!!!! thx.

- Poplarville, MS, USA

Jun 302012

Titan 4WD 8-cyl

Driving cross country in Nissan Titan. Truck floor got hot at one point. Later truck sputtered and shut itself down. I let it cool down and it drove fine for a while. Next day all of us in the car were a little sick and nauseated. Car drove fine the rest of the trip and it wasn't until after we arrived at our destination that the check engine warning light came up. Looked up the codes which were that the catalytic converters had loss efficiency. I took it to the deal for a complete diagnosis. Dealer confirmed all 4 cat converters were dead and it probably caused by a leak in the exhaust manifolds. Further research shows that Nissan Titans have a history of cracks in the exhaust manifold. This not only ruins the cat converters but exhaust fumes leak into the cabin causing a health risk. This is a known issue and I have contacted Nissan about this but have not heard back from them yet.

- Saint Augustine , FL, USA