5.3

2008 Nissan Titan body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Nissan Titan:

2008 Nissan Titan Owner Comments

Jul 042013

Titan

Overhead console plastic becomes too brittle to support weight of console causing mount points to break allowing console to swing down. My console nearly hit me in side of the head. This cause view to be obstructed and could easily hit driver. Upon researching this for repair I found many other having the same issue. My guess is an inferior batch of plastic in the 08 lineup.

- Miramar, FL, USA

Jan 012009

Titan

There seems to be a paint defect on my Nissan Titan on the hood and roof. I have mentioned it to the dealer since 2009 but they deny any blame. I now notice the exact similar pattern defect in multiple Titans. The clear coat is worn away almost down to the metal. I have contacted Nissan but they say unless there are enough complaints they do not have to address it. I realize this is not life threatening, but I wanted to lodge a formal complaint because it is a defect that will affect me when I go to trade it in and it is something that I notice with most other Titan owners of trucks this age.

- Ft Myers, FL, USA