2.4

2008 Nissan Titan brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Nissan Titan:

2008 Nissan Titan Owner Comments

Jul 022012

Titan

I have had over a dozen instances while applying the brakes the break peddle would push to the floor and you would hear a loud noise as if the ABS braking system was failing. You could feel it in the brake pedal and it frightens the heck out of you. I have taken it into my local premier Nissan in metairie, la and had the service department look at it, but they could not duplicate the problem and informed they could not help. I have had my family in the truck and it has happened with them and my 16 year old son has experienced it as well. This is a serious issue and I'm afraid one day it will fail and I will loose the ability to stop my vehicle. After each incident, I have to turn the truck off and restart it to stop the noise from coming from the ABS break system. It is extremely dangerous that I have to turn my truck off while having a green light, on the interstate and any other dangerous situation. I wish I could get some clarity as to fixing this breaking issue.

- Kenner, LA, USA

Jun 172015

Titan

Brakes have a fading brake pedal, Nissan says this is ok/normal. I say this is dangerous. The brakes work fine unless you are in a panic situation. When you press on the pedal to make a quick stop if necessary on the highway the pedal travels 4" to 5". you lose seconds in a "need to stop now" situation. Not only does this make the driver try to pump the brakes but the travel is so long as to extend your leg completely and still need to compress the brake pedal more. Didn't realize this problem existed until the other day when I needed to panic stop. Almost lost control trying to compensate for the pedal travel. Also when backing my boat into the lake - constant pressure makes the pedal travel down. The brakes hold but I have to compensate for this "mushy" pedal. I have recently replaced the brakes, calipers and master cylinder to no avail. I guess I could replace all the brake components but according to my research it won't help. As I understand it the newer vehicles of Nissan (not just Titan) have the same problem. How they get away with this I don't know. Its a problem you wouldn't know about unless you've driven these vehicles awhile..I am not the only one having this problem and being "dead ended" by Nissan. I'm 63, have worked on cars my whole life, I know what I'm talking about. Please investigate this as no doubt many have been injured or killed by this problem. I cant sell the vehicle to anyone else knowing there's no solution to the problem. Ps - Ford, Chrysler and Chevy do not have this problem. The only solution it seems is to modify/replace the whole brake system -- expensive and difficult - we shouldn't have to deal with this. Please help.

- Spring Arbor, MI, USA

Aug 222014

Titan

The contact owns a 2008 Nissan Titan. The contact stated that while driving at approximately 20 mph, the brakes seized and the rear passenger side brakes began to make loud noises. The vehicle was towed to the dealer for diagnosis and the mechanic stated that the spring was corroded and fractured. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 41,000.

- Argyle, NY, USA

Nov 172010

Titan

The contact owns a 2008 Nissan Titan. The contact stated that the brake sensor light illuminated. The contact had the vehicle towed to the dealer, who repaired the sensor but the failure recurred. When the failure occurred, the vehicle failed to start. The failure mileage was 61675.

- Johnburg, IL, USA