5.2

2008 Nissan Titan suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Nissan Titan:

2008 Nissan Titan Owner Comments

Jan 012008

Titan

I have complained to the dealership, since day one that my truck had handling issues. That my rear axle was off center and the vehicle was not tracking straight. Their answer was an alignment about 20 of them. Bad tires, my driving, etc. Not their perfect truck. After 2 1/2 years of fighting Nissan they sent my truck to a frame shop. The rear of the frame from the ft spring hangers tp the rear is bowed upwards. Putting my springs in a bind and causing the rear axle to be out of line. Causing the erratic handing. If you have a Titan which seems to have an offset rear axle have the frame checked by computer. Though the frame may be straight, the rear of it may be bowed horizontally, causing problems. I took my truck to a frame shop 2 yrs ago and told them the frame was not right. I guess after thinking there was no way my frame was bent they allowed me to take it to the frame shop. Ha! ha! on them may frame was bowed has been so since day one. Hopefully the lawyer can get me out of the truck.

- Pollocl, LA, USA

Jun 272010

Titan

The contact owns a 2008 Nissan Titan. He stated that while driving 65 mph the rear suspension would hit against the structure of the vehicle which caused him to lose control of the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who advised that they could not duplicate the failure. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was contacted who advised him to take the vehicle to another dealer. The failure and current mileages were 37,000.

- Houston, TX, USA