2009 Nissan Titan transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Nissan Titan:

2009 Nissan Titan Owner Comments

Nov 022009

I noticed that there was a serious vibration coming from the rear end of my 2007 Nissan Titan. I though that it might be an out of balance tire. I took my truck to Firestone where they noticed my passenger side rear axle output seal was leaking. I went a couple of weeks and decoded to check the fluid level of my rear differential and had to add 1 quart(out of 2 quarts). The drain plug is magnetic and I noticed that there was alot of metal attached to it. About a month later the noise was getting more pronounced and started to shake the whole truck. I decided to take the truck to the Nissan service dept and have it checked out. The service manager called me and I went to see the outcome. He informed me that my driveshaft was binding do to a faulty differential and that they would have to have it replaced under warranty. He then told me that they replace a differential in these trucks at least once a month and that the rear axle seals are prone to going out. After discovering I found out that this has been a problem and that Nissan hasn't done anything about it. The dealer told me that they would call when the differential came in.

- Killeen, TX, USA