1. new compressor installed (1 reports)
2007 Nissan Versa AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Nissan Versa:

2007 Nissan Versa Owner Comments

May 032010

Versa HB 4 cyl

I bought my 2007 car brand new. The car has had 2 air compressors/air conditioners already replaced and now I need to replace it again as of May 2010. This will be the 4th air conditioner to be in this car. This makes no sense. There's definitely something wrong with this car. Nissan and the dealership are evaluating the situation and trying to determine what to do. This is my 4th Nissan vehicle. I have owned Nissan (and Datsun) over 20 years and never had a problem like I keep having with this Versa.

This Versa has been a very good car but the air conditioning problem has been a major pain and inconvenience, especially living in the Deep South.

- , Sharpsburg, GA, USA

Jul 212008

Versa HB 4 cyl

This was the second time the air conditioning went out and a compressor had to be replaced within about 1 week repeating the same maintenance that had been performed on this car. I had to get a loaner car to use while my car was being repaired. I bought the Versa new in 2007 and now have had 2 air compressors replaced in a very short time. What's the deal? I'm thinking the car is a lemon as this is very unusual.

In the process of repairing the second air conditioner, the mechanic damaged the air bag assembly while popping the top right dash off to get acces to the compressor and A/C. Now the clip does not hold the dash in place, the dealership is telling me heat caused the damage to the dash and refuse to take ownership and fix the dash. The dealership told me the air bag assembly would have to be replaced with me incurring the total cost of repair and labor which would be about $1800.00. I feel this is ridiculous as they caused the problem!

- , Sharpsburg, GA, USA