3.0

2007 Nissan Versa electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Nissan Versa:

2007 Nissan Versa Owner Comments

Jun 022015

Versa

The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Versa. The contact stated that the battery light illuminated on the instrument panel. The dealer stated that the error codes indicated that the drive control unit and steering control unit failed. The failure had been ongoing for a year. The vehicle was not repaired. The VIN was not available. The failure mileage was 84,000.

- Salsbury, MD, USA

Dec 012009

Versa

This vehicle had both reverse lights spontaneously stop working, replacing the reverse break bulbs did not work, the problem is electrical. The front passenger automatic window started to get stuck in the open mode, and now the window does not go down at all, could be a bad switch ($500 to fix). The driver door handle came off while opening the vehicle one day, $500 to fix and I am driving around without an attached handle. Holes starting appearing on floorboard on drivers side right where my heels go during accelerating and another hole where the clutch is, the floorboard appears to be made of cardboard. All of these things were already apparent by the time the car had about 40,000 miles. I wish I had not invested my money in this cheaply made automobile.

- Mission Viejo, CA, USA

May 012015

Versa

The tire pressure monitor system, or TPMS, on the 2007 Nissan Versa that I, and many, many others own, keeps failing. The TPMS light on the dash will continuously blink, even when all four tires have the correct amount of pressure in them. My concern is that my TPMS light stays on and it is not doing me any good. I have no way to tell if a tire is going flat while moving because the system is completely useless in the car.

- Traverse City, MI, USA

Feb 172015

Versa

Continuous blinking tire pressure light that stays on even when tires are correctly filled with air. This is second sensor I would have to replace. First one lasted 6 years and second one lasted one year. Also dealer wants to charge me 50 dollars just to tell me sensor is bad and that information I can find in car's manual. I take good care of my car. Low mileage 48,000 for an eight year old car. The tire pressure light is a big problem and always has been. It started at 15 thousand miles and 27 thousand miles and then I had to keep taking it to dealer to get recalibrated...more money. Then the sensor malfunctioned and I had to replace the first one last year and now one year later and 7 thousand more miles it is acting up again and needs replacement. The dealer is charging 50 dollars just to look at it. It is a defective tire sensor and I believe the manufacturer should recall them. It is annoying and dangerous.

- Harrisburg, PA, USA

Sep 162014

- East Meadow, NY, USA

Nov 012012

Versa

1) the reverse lights stopped working and replacing both bulbs did not fix the problem. The problem is electrical and costly to fix. 2) the front passenger window switch/motor stopped working in 2009 and costs $500 to repair so still broken. 3) the rear left passenger door will not always open from the outside with the remote unlock switch on my key 'fob', and sometimes the remote will not lock same door. The door not opening has nothing to do with the child safety switch on the inner door. Sometimes the same door cannot be opened from the inside with the child safety lock in the 'unlock' position and the door unlocked from within. It could become a 'trap' in an emergency situation. This is an on and off problem, and it happens quite frequently. It remains unaddressed. 4)the front exterior driver door handle came apart upon opening and is $500 to fix. 5) the rubber seals around 2 of the doors spontaneously came off and have to be manually re-attached regularly. 6) there is a flapping sound coming from the front driver wheel well area, and mechanics could not find the source of the sound.

- Mission Viejo, CA, USA

Jul 082014

Versa

The TPMS sensors were all checked at costco and the reset by the technicians to relearn the program. They stated that if the TPMS comes back on that I will need to take to a dealer to get it figured out since it could be the computer. Called the dealer to find out costs that they said the diagnostic would be $65 which would be credited for any services that need to be done. As this is a safety issue it cannot be not done but if this were also a federal safety mandated issue such as an airbag it should not "deploy" unless the tire pressure is low. Both times at costco and again when the light came on again the tire pressure was at the specified 33 psi. If an airbag were to be defective that would cause a danger to life and property but due to this safety measure not threatening life or limb it does not need to be zero defects and the user can get billed for any defects unlike an airbag.

- Mililani, HI, USA

Jul 272014

Versa 4-cyl

The hatchback lock mechanism quit working on July 2 (106885 miles). Can only be opened with the key fob (no key lock on this model), or by unlocking the back seats and crawling into the trunk compartment to pull the manual release. While this is a pain in the neck, it doesn't seem to pose a hazard. On July 27 (108291 miles) the front passenger door lock quit working - totally and completely. There are four ways to open this door, with the key fob, the electric lock/unlock mechanism on both the driver's side and the passenger's side, and finally the manual lock/unlock mechanism. All of these quit working and there is no exterior manual key lock to access either. In the event of an accident or an emergency, the passenger has no quick and easy way to get out of the car. They must exit the same way the entered the vehicle, by crawling over the driver's side seat and wheel, emergency brake and transmission shift mechanism. My wife drives a total of 64 miles a day (to and from work) 10 days a month -- by herself, so the passenger side door and hatchback have not been used as often as another car with our mileage might be expected to have been used. The dealer quoted me $895 plus tax to fix these two issues ($485 for the passenger side door). Not only dose this pose a serious danger to the passenger, it is a rip off (why didn't they provide a "keyed" entry on the passenger side?)!

- San Marcos, CA, USA

Jul 102014

Versa

My 2007 Nissan Versa 1.8L would not accelerate will driving out of the parking garage at work I tried so many times rolling back driving up finally a coworker came and pushed it up once to the next level I turned the car off once back on my service light came on I took it for the check and it was the throttle position sensor once I got that replace the air conditioner quit as well as the rear defroster. Upon reading numerous forums it is determined this happens to 8/10 2007 Versas it is not safe to have no working defroster let alone the lack of acceleration while driving Nissan should truly investigate this issue for safety purposes.

- Marietta, GA, USA

Apr 172012

Versa 4-cyl

When the problem initially happened, I would have to push the rear defroster button hard (and sometimes wiggle it) in order to make it work. However, after a week of doing that to get the snow, frost, and fog off my rear windshield, the button no longer works (I.e. the light indicator does not come on, nor does the rear defroster turn on). After checking all my fuses (in the hood and cabin) and finding that the fuses were in perfect working order, I began to look on various Nissan Versa forum sights to see if I could troubleshoot the matter. After typing my problem in, numerous Nissan forums popped up discussing this exact problem. Many people have stated that the reason the rear defroster does not work is due to an inferior A/C controller. I understand that times are tough and companies want to make money by using cheap parts, however when it comes to safety this should not be the issue. I copied this from a previous incident reported. This is a safety problem and should result in a recall.

- East Meadow, NY, USA

Jan 142013

- Apo, AE, USA

Feb 172010

Versa 4-cyl

Dash button for rear defroster doesn't work at all and A/C button is faulty. A/C works if you apply extreme pressure and wiggle the button.

- Montclair, NJ, USA

Dec 142011

Versa

The entire control panel went out. After restarting the car, it appears there was a burning smell. More repairs for a car that is only a few years old and not even paid off. Began with the suspension right after the warranty went out. What a piece of pooh!

- Prattville, AL, USA

Jun 042011

Versa 4-cyl

Vehicle was left idling in driveway. After a few minutes a passerby knocked on home door to advise car was on fire. Fire dept responded but fire smothered. Insurance claim was filed. Value of claim did not warrant hiring origin and cause expert however photos seem to show fire originating in left rear interior possibly in headliner near C pillar. Damage suggest wiring defect. Vehicle had no history of collision damage. Vehicle had no history of wiring repair.

- Hagerstown, MD, USA

Apr 302010

Versa

While driving on entrance ramp and accelerating, vehicle suddenly died with no power to the steering, brakes or acceleration. Vehicle was in center lane had trouble steering to the right to get to shoulder. After turning key back and forth several times, the lights and dash came back on but would not start. Car cranked but would not start. Car was towed to dealership. Was told the fuse to fuel pump blew. That would not explain the electrical system shutting down. If I was in traffic, this would have caused accident with no control over vehicle steering. Waiting on cause for fuse to blow from dealer.

- Orland Park, IL, USA

Oct 132009

Versa

Nissan Versa 2007. Some times the car won't start with the intelligent key. The car sometimes locks automatically and other times it won't lock with the intelligent key, I am afraid the car will lock with my grandchild in it and I can't open the car. I used the horn and the radio came on. I have taken the car to the dealer several times and thy can not find anything wrong, but there certainly is.

- Mahopac, NY, USA

Mar 042009

Versa

Car developed major electronic problems. This occurred after a engine wash. Informed by dealer that module components have to be replace and also wiring harness. Connectors on wiring harness were corroded. This does not happen after one wash within 3 hours of wash. Estimated repair $2000 and Nissan will not warranty items.

- Windsor, CO, USA

Jan 202009

Versa 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Versa. The contact stated that the vehicle caught fire without warning. He maintained regular maintenance on the vehicle and the day after an oil and filter change was made, it suddenly caught fire in a parking lot. The fire department was called and had to break open the vehicle in order to douse the flames. The fire department stated that the fire originated from the front console. A report was filed. The manufacturer retrieved the vehicle for further investigation and concluded that the warranty would not cover the cost of the vehicle. The vehicle was labeled as destroyed. The failure and current mileages were 20,000. Updated 6/2/09 updated 06/04/09.

- Plantation, FL, USA

Nov 292006

Versa 4-cyl

: the contact stated while backing out of a driveway at 2 mph, flames were noticed coming from the rear driver side wheel well. There was nothing unusual about the way the vehicle had operated prior to the fire. The contact used a fire extinguisher to put out the fire. The fire department was contacted, and a fire report was taken. The source and type of fire were unknown. The component that caused the fire was unknown. The gas tank was located on the rear passenger side. The fire department deemed the vehicle totaled. The manufacturer was contacted, and a voice message was left for a callback. The service dealer was not contacted. There were pictures available.

- Bellingham, WA, USA