2.6

2007 Nissan Versa engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Nissan Versa:

2007 Nissan Versa Owner Comments

Dec 042015

Versa

Over the course of the last 3 years, my 110,000 mile Versa stalls and does not start, randomly. Sometimes in driveway, sometimes stall mid-drive. Sometimes after driving highway or residential fine after turning off, and returning it won't start. Sometimes after this it will restart after taking a break and then trying again a third or fourth time. You never know.4 mechanic shops, including Nissan dealership (twice) could not figure it out. No diagnostic is clear on the issue. One mechanic found a theft/security code come up, but both sets of keys work and both remote locks work. I called the lock reset people and they said it sounds more like a computer problem. Frustrating and dangerous. I do all the required and recommended maintenance and checks. This is bad.

- Reno, NV, USA

Jan 062012

Versa

When I started, the car I was surprised by a loud sound. I called the mechanic who came to my home. It turns out the sound was the muffler. I had to replace a rusted muffler for a car with low mileage. The car is driven short distances 1-2 times a week.

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Jul 162013

Versa 4-cyl

Upper part of exhaust manifold cracked causing carbon monoxide to enter cabin anytime blower is turned on.

- Biddeford, ME, USA

Sep 052011

Versa

My 2007 Nissan Versa is having issues starting, I've brought it to the dealership a few times to get fixed and im being told that there is nothing wrong with it. Those only happens occasionally, when I try to start it just constantly cranks for a few second... it will do this a few times before it actually does crank.

- Lebanon, TN, USA

Jul 312012

Versa

The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Versa. The contact was traveling 35 mph when the vehicle stalled and could not be restarted. In addition, the contact observed black smoke and flames coming from the engine. The police were contacted and the vehicle was destroyed. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer. The manufacturer was contacted. The failure and current mileages were 75,000.

- Minthill, NC, USA

May 152012

Versa 4-cyl

Exhaust pipe weld broke cleanly right at the flange.

- East Meadow, NY, USA