7.0

2. replace engine (1 reports)
2007 Nissan Versa engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Nissan Versa:

2007 Nissan Versa Owner Comments

Feb 182011

Versa SL 1.8L 4 cyl

• CVT transmission

My car was serviced two days before I left for Florida. I did this to insure that I would have no problems on my trip down. I have had it regularly serviced since I have owned the car. Before I left Atlanta, the radiator hose at the top of the radiator came off. A nice gentleman put it back on for me when I stopped at a service station because there was smoke coming out of the hood. I just assumed that someone had left it off because it had a really sturdy clip that held in on. So I drove about 400 miles before the check engine light came on. The car had driving fine up until this point...no over-heating, no knocking, no nothing. I had stopped and gotten gas about 200 miles up the road. When the check enging light came on, I pulled to the side of the road. Once again, a nice gentleman stopped. He pulled open the hood and said the engine seemed to be a little warm. He opened the reservoir which exploded on his face. Fortunately he had closed his eyes but his face immediately started burning. I took him to the hospital to obtain medical care.

After talking to a mechanic friend, I believe that the engine is completely destroyed! The car was towed to a friend's house because if I towed it to the Nissan dealer there would be a $25 per day charge until I got it fixed. I have talked to the Nissan dealer in Daytona who agreed that it is probably the engine. They want $4000 to fix the car. Now I have to get it towed to my mechanic in Atlanta where he says he can fix it for around $1800! Big difference!!! Daytona Nissan wanted $185 just to tell me what was wrong with the car unless I got them to fix it. NO WAY!! What a rip-off!!!

I feel there must have been some problem with this engine in 2007. Why would Nissan install another engine in the cars made after 3/07? That has also created a problem because I have found many engines made for the after 3/07 cars but not many for mine. It does absolutely no good to do maintenance on these cars. No issues until warranty was over. Thanks Nissan. I will never purchase another Nissan and as soon as this piece of junk is fixed...it is GONE!!!!

- , Rockledge, FL, USA

Mar 012010

Versa H/B 1.8L

Has NO acceleration/power when starting out and sometimes after I've stopped at a light

- , Drexelhill, PA, USA