2007 Nissan Versa seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Nissan Versa:

2007 Nissan Versa Owner Comments

May 012011

Nissan Versa 2007-> traveling on a hwy approximate speed 110 kms/hour, sliding off the road and over steering my vehicle resulting in 8.5 rollovers. My passenger air bags deployed above head panel succeeded only if there was passenger in my vehicle. Long story short, why were my driver bags, steering wheel, side head panel not deployed" this happened a couple days ago. Single vehicle accident. Im the only occupant in the vehicle. This investigation is going on. Prior to this accident. The door sounded hallow when it was shut and not really a firm solid shut like most doors. Sounded more like and old rusted 85 Chevy Silverado door like an empty echo inside sound. Could this car been tampered with before" carfax can only prove it if it was properly done and submitted. Perhaps a person who knew how to fix it with out submitting information to properly secure a non accident history report. Lemon for sure on the air bag issue. I can only say that its good to be alive and see my kids again.

- Quebec, 00, USA

Apr 132010

At approximately 4:15pm I was driving East in a 2007 Nissan Versa on sr 18 at a speed of 35 mph. A truck ran a stop sign going South and I collided with his passengers side rear between the extended cab and bed. The collision caused significant damage to the front end of my vehicle. It also caused my transmission to shift or be pushed back because I can not put it into drive. Also, I believe my drive shaft was also damaged because I cannot take my keys out of the ignition. With this significant amount of damage and the speed of travel my complaint is that my vehicles airbags did not deploy.

- Converse, IN, USA

Feb 272010

I own a 2007 Nissan Versa, which was reareneded. I was pushed forward and rearended the car in front of me. Both ends of my car were pushed in, but the airbag never deployed. My Versa was found to be told by both insurance companies.

- Yankton, SD, USA

Oct 082008

Accident caused by Nissan Versa airbag driver side, it was the rush hour around 5:30pm, and my wife was driving the Nissan Versa suddenly the airbag came out and blew it out, she was scared she applied the brakes and the car sped up, and she grabbed the emergency brake lever, the car stooped but she already hit other car, she had to go out through the passenger door, she had no injured but a minor burned in her face for the explosion of the bag.

- Indianapolis, IN, USA