2007 Nissan Versa seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Nissan Versa:

2007 Nissan Versa Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Jun 152016

Versa

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Versa. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V349000 (air bags); however, the part to do the recall repair was not yet available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Honolulu, HI, USA

Aug 102016

Versa

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Versa. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V349000 (air bags). However, the part to do the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Hilo, HI, USA

Nov 012013

Versa

Vehicle was in motion on a highway when it unexpectedly started shaking and sliding/skidding from side to side ending in a crash. Furthermore, malfunctioning airbags resulted in severe cuts, bruises and other injuries to face and other body parts.

- Rockville, MD, USA

Oct 282016

Versa

Takata airbag complaint. I received the interim notification from Nissan in early July, and to this day have received no further communication from Nissan on the matter. This has been four months that I have not been able to fully use the vehicle, since having passengers in the front seat is unsafe. Documentation on safecar.gov suggests that there is an interim fix for this recall, however, my dealer could find no record of this in their system nor have they received any communication from Nissan since the initial release. The latest update shows that parts for a final fix may not be available until December or later. This is inexcusable, far beyond a reasonable wait time to fix this very dangerous problem that also significantly reduces the utility and safety of the vehicle. I have also spoken with Nissan customer service about this issue (although I did not escalate the complaint beyond first-level service) to absolutely zero resolution. I am hoping there is some recourse or faster resolution to this issue.

- St. Louis, MO, USA

Sep 012016

Versa

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Versa. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V349000 (air bags). The dealer stated that the parts had not been supplied by the manufacturer. The contact was advised to check with the manufacturer for authorization to receive a loaner vehicle. The manufacturer was unable to provide a reasonable time frame to supply the parts to the dealer. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Covina, CA, USA

Oct 062016

Versa

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Versa. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V349000 (air bags). The part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Mission, KS, USA

Sep 302016

Versa

Takata inflators - I received a recall notification sometime during mid summer 2016, for NHTSA recall 16V-349 from Nissan North american Inc. I was informed of the defect of the front passenger air bag inflators. The recall notification letter indicated that Nissan was "awaiting parts to remedy the affected vehicles". I was to be sent a second letter when parts were available and arrange to take the vehicle to a Nissan dealer for repairs. During the beginning of September 2016 my vehicle was at the dealer for other repairs and we inquired as to when they thought parts might be available. We were told the were supposed to be available any time and they would have to order them once they were available. Today I contacted Nissan North America at the phone number listed on the original and only recall notice I received. I was told that repairs should already have been made to my vehicle, to contact the dealer and if they were not able to schedule and make repairs to contact them again. I called the dealer, Nissan of mckinney (Texas) and was put on hold to see if they could schedule my vehicle for repairs, and came back and immediately scheduled repairs for next week. I find it appalling that a safety recall, which could result in the death of an individual, was so poorly executed by both Nissan North America, who failed to send out the second letter the original notification indicated would be sent, and the dealer who so deftly ignored any responsibility on following through on even contacting us about parts, when we had queried them so recently. We bought the 2007 Versa new and it is still registered in the same names, at the same address and even maintenance and repairs are completed at the same selling dealer. I consider this safety recall campaign a completely failure on the parts of both Nissan North american and mckinney Nissan.

- Mckinney, TX, USA

Aug 242016

- Shelby, NC, USA

Jul 162016

Versa

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Versa. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V349000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect. Updated 10/19/16 updated 10/24/16.

- Stuart, VA, USA

Jul 062016

Versa

The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Versa. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 16V349000 (air bags) and stated that the part needed was unavailable to perform the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect...updated 10/18/16

- Lake Charles, LA, USA

Versa

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Versa. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V349000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect. The VIN was not available.

- Lake Havasu, AZ, USA

May 232016

Versa

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Versa. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V349000 (air bags); however, the part to do the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Kaneohe, HI, USA

Aug 012016

Versa

Takata recall (NHTSA recall 16V-349) - my complaint is that Nissan North America denied vehicle owner's request to provide a loaner vehicle until the defect is repaired. The request was based on potential safety risk posed by the subject defect to vehicle occupants while the vehicle is used/driven. The recall notice says the defect may result in "metal fragments striking the vehicle occupants causing serious injury or death." This is an unacceptable risk. The vehicle owner's only recourse is to not drive the vehicle, which is also unacceptable given the need to use it. Therefore, I request that NHTSA require Nissan North America to provide a free loaner vehicle to the owner of the defective vehicle until the defect is repaired.

- Half Moon Bay, CA, USA

Versa

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Versa. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V349000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Half Moon Bay, CA, USA

Jul 272016

Versa

Takata recall. I have received my first notice from Nissan. These idiots tell me I have to wait awhile before they can get the perts. In the meantime, I am told to keep people out of the front passenger seat. If I and anyone else in this car are in mortal danger, why the hell can't they remove this airbag now?

- Bradenton, FL, USA

Versa

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Versa. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V349000 (air bags); however, the part needed to perform the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Jul 282016

Versa

Takata recall: I received a safety recall letter from Nissan stating that the front passenger airbag in my 2007 Nissan Versa needs to be replaced. I called the dealership and was told Nissan does not provide loaner cars and will not pay for rental cars. I called Nissan Consumer Affairs and was told the same. I was also informed that the parts for the needed repair work won't be in until late Sept./early Oct. I need my car for transportation to work and for driving my child to school, etc. I do not have a second car, and I cannot afford to rent a car and pay for that. Nissan instructed me to have my child sit in the back seat but if the airbag is deployed, as the driver, I will be sitting inches from possibly flying metal. I do not understand why nisan is not providing more assistance with this very serious recall. When I mentioned that I have an older car (my car is over ten years old) and so the risk is greater, the supervisor at Nissan Consumer Affairs stated she did not know anything about that. Shouldn't car manufacturers provide loaner cars to people who have these "ticking time bombs" in their cars" how can Nissan expect me to just stop driving my car? how do they expect me to get to work every day"

- Gallup, NM, USA

Jul 262016

Versa

On July 26, 2016, I received a recall notice from Nissan North America, Inc. For my 2007 Nissan Versa. It advised me to make an appointment at the local dealership for a repair or replacement of the airbag on the passenger side and not to allow anyone to ride on the passenger side of the vehicle. What I do not understand is why it took 9 years to discover this defect and what I do not like is being told how I must utilize my vehicle in order to protect other passengers. It makes we wonder if I would want to replace this vehicle which has worked very well over the years with another Nissan Versa or other Nissan vehicle. I have scheduled an appointment with my local dealership for September 12, but until that time will not be able to carry a passenger in the front of the vehicle.

- Las Cruces, NM, USA

May 232016

Versa 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Versa. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V349000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.... updated 08/23/16 updated 09/08/16.

- Wilmington, DE, USA

Apr 132016

Versa

The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Versa. The contact stated that the passenger side air bag warning light illuminated and flickered on and off. The vehicle was not diagnosed nor repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 182,000.

- Orlando, FL, USA