2008 Nissan Versa miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Nissan Versa:

2008 Nissan Versa Owner Comments

Sep 012010

Versa

I purchased this car cpo and the air conditioner has never blown cold air. It blows according to the controls, but the air is never cold. Every summer I have to have it serviced. I've been told that several things have been wrong with it or cause that. Sometimes I'm told it's something new, and I've been told that something that has been repaired in the past is again/still wrong with it, causing this. I've repeatedly had it serviced once a year (usually in summer) since purchased. I've had it charged, freon, hoses repaired, etc. My concern is that this is a major fault in this car for its model year. There are many Nissan Versa drivers for years 2008 and 09 in many Nissan driver online forums complaining of the same thing. I'm convinced this is a manufacturer defect and I do not want to pay for service again this year, although the A/C still definitely doesn't blow cold air at the moment. I think these models should be recalled.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Sep 162013

Versa

Car went onto bar ditch and travel along the highway in a straight line for over a quarter of mile at 69 mph before hitting a tree! there were no signs of over correcting or braking! witness stated he saw no brake lights from the car before hitting the tree. The passenger occupational safety restraint system failed causing blunt force trauma injuries resulting in the death of my father hitting the windshield! the shoulder seatbelt webbing failed to retract and was extended all the way out and became lodged in the D-ring! my brother, which was driving stated he remembers driving down the highway and the side curtian airbag hitting him in the upper left temple of head! the wreck is believed to be caused in failer of airbags and brakes!

- Washington, DC, USA

Sep 182015

Versa

Exhaust is leaking into the cabin of the car from several places. The muffler was replaced in 2010 after the flange broke, not rusted apart. The estimated repair is over $2000 this car has 156K miles on it but has been driven mainly in the southern part of the usa and there is no visible rust on the pipe at all.

- Clearwater, FL, USA

Oct 082014

Versa

Various parts of the muffler system have broken on this vehicle. The initial break was in 10-2014, and was the where the muffler assembly ex and gasket exhaust was replaced at 91,671 miles, and now 10-2015, the middle exhaust has to be replaced at 108,090 miles.

- Laurel, MD, USA

Jul 142015

Versa

My friend had my vehicle. She had just made it home from work. She lives less than 10 minutes from her job. She said when she made it home she went into the apartment to change into a bathing suit and someone knocked on the door saying that there is a little black car smoking. She went outside and flames were coming out of the engine compartment. They all called 911. The firefighters put out the fire and they told her that it is a motor malfunction because it was parked and with no sort of overheating issue. Updated 09/15/15

- Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Sep 162013

Versa

Driving 69 mph car went up onto bar ditch and traveled in a vey straight line for a quarter of a mile hitting a tree resulting in major injuries to my brother who was the driver and killing my dad passenger major blunt force trauma to the head. All my brother remembers is the cars side curtian airbag hitting him in the head. During the travel for 1/4 mile on bar ditch there are no signs of over correcting or braking. Witness to the acc. Stated he never saw brake lights before hitting the tree: Before the car went off road he had been behind my dads car for over 20 miles and stated the car maintained perfect driving and speed: My brother stated my dad was on overhead phone speaker with my cousin and had just finished call then remembers airbag hitting his left side temple! both occupants were wearing seatbelts! the passenger side shoulder safety strap webbing had fully extended out before getting hung in D-ring. Tbs 10010097. Due to the SRS system failing on the passenger side occupant safety system had aided to my dad hitting the windshield and the passenger seat breaking resulting to his injuries blunt force trauma to the head resulting to his death. Driver side curtain airbag deployed however driver side seat airbag broke through the stitching it did not fully deploy. Driver side steering column did not fully deploy resulting my brother recieving a broken clavical broken sternum numerious broken ribs dislocating metal hip replacement and bending metal hip plate broken right femer leg bone long way up and down shattering right ankle and fractured left ankle and head injury leaving him with possible brain damage! the passenger side curtian airbag did not inflat nor did the passenger side seat airbag did not inflat. The front passenger side sidid try to inflate however the top center dash componet was ontop of airbag. The red seatbelt failure indicator light was illuminated on! passenger side seat is brokena police report was filed an no sitations were issued due to unknown reason that caused the wreck!

- Washington, DC, USA

Jun 122015

Versa

Was backing out of driveway, heard a loud snap and metal hitting pavement. Got out and a part of the spring coil had snapped in half.

- Webster, NY, USA

Sep 232011

Versa

I was driving down the highway, when I saw sparks fly on the left hand side of road beside my car, the ABS light and another light came on the dashboard and immediately went away when I braked and pulled off highway. I checked tires and everything appeared okay. Drove approximately 10 more miles, heard a loud pop under the hood, car and lights shut down completely. Pulled off the highway, opened hood and battery was on fire. Vehicle has original battery and mileage around 51,000. Called fire department to extinguish fire and they said something like that shouldn't have occurred on a vehicle that was pretty new.

- Chelsea, OK, USA