2.7

2008 Nissan Versa wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Nissan Versa:

2008 Nissan Versa Owner Comments

Aug 042015

Versa

Front coil spring fell out from under the car as I was pulling out of a parking spot. If I was going any faster it could have been very dangerous if it punctured a wheel.

- Rensselaer, NY, USA

May 282015

Versa

The contact owns a 2008 Nissan Versa. While making a left turn into the driveway, the front driver side wheel detached and became lodged in the tire well. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 86,000.

- Columbia , MD, USA

May 092015

Versa

The coil spring on the passenger side front broke almost spearing my tire as I was about to back out of my garage. This vehicle sits in a garage all year round and is used daily. Luckily I did not make it out of my driveway or I may have gotten hurt at 65 mph or worse gotten someone else hurt because of this manufactures defect.

- Merrill, WI, USA

Apr 142015

Versa 4-cyl

I got off the holt exit off 10 East, a piece of plywood was in the middle of the road and hit the left side of car. My left side rim's are damaged.

- Covina, CA, USA

May 022014

Versa

I was driving down the road when suddenly one of my hub caps came off. Next week, I was driving again and my other hub cap on the same side came off. This cannot be a coincidence. I know several people who have Nissan Versa's and they also are having the same issue.

- Portsmouth, VA, USA

Apr 242014

Versa

I was pulling into a parking spot and I heard a loud snapping noise from the front left of the car. I was able to drive the car home as nothing appeared to be broken. When I took the wheel off I noticed the spring had snapped and was rubbing against my tire. I will have to replace my tire because it rubbed off a significant amount of rubber. I am lucky the tire didn't blow while I was driving.

- Granite Springs , NY, USA

Jul 062013

Versa 4-cyl

While sitting in the yard we heard a metal clang sound coming from one of the cars. We looked but could not tell which car it came from. Later when I started to drive the car on the highway the front passenger tire shredded. This was due to the front passenger side spring being broken. We later found the broken piece where the car was parked. The vehicle only had 48,684 mostly highway miles on it.

- Bedford, NH, USA

Apr 022012

Versa 4-cyl

March 2012 - tire sensor light went off; one sensor replaced. December 2012 - tire sensor light went off, and local tire shop said their diagnostic said sensors ok but that I should go to dealer. March 2013 - dealer's diagnostic said both rear sensors bad, but local tire shop's diagnostic machines said only one sensor bad (April 2013). One sensor replaced. April 2013 - tire sensor light went off, and same tire chain said sensors working as per their diagnostic machine. April 2013 - sensors relearned, but light went off within 1 day.

- Spokane, WA, USA

Apr 082013

Versa

I parked my Nissan Versa in a parking lot while I was at work all day. I hadn't had any problems with it. When I got in to leave in the evening and put the car in drive and went forward a few inches, I heard a horrible crunching noise like I hit something. When I backed up to see what was under my car, I just saw a metal horseshoe shaped broken piece on the ground. My mechanic says it is a coil spring that broke. I've seen many complaints about this from Nissan Versa owners. The broken part didn't seem rusty at all. I don't know why this happened. The car hasn't been in an accident. It seemed to happen out of the blue.

- Cape Elizabeth, ME, USA

Nov 132012

Versa

The contact owns a 2008 Nissan Versa. The contact stated that the front driver's side valve stem failed due to defective material. The contact became aware of the valve stem failure while replacing the tire. The valve stem was not replaced. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure and the current mileage was 62,000.

- Plano , TX, USA

May 102008

Versa 4-cyl

Wheel covers on the 2008 Nissan Versa do not ever seat properly on the oem rims causing the wheel covers to fly off the rim when driving 50+mph.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Aug 112008

Versa

Hubcaps fly off. Many complaints on internet forums. I see a lot of Versas on the street missing hubcaps.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Apr 162010

Versa

2008 Nissan Versa hubcaps has flown away while cruising in highway at 60-65 mph. This happened twice already. The first time it happened I brought the car to service center and they checked the installation and everything looked ok. Bought new hubcap and it happened again after ~4 months. This is potential to cause serious damage and danger to other vehicles.

- Evansville, IN, USA