2009 Nissan Versa accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Nissan Versa:

2009 Nissan Versa Owner Comments

May 012012

Versa 4-cyl

I was driving South on a local highway when another vehicle pulled in front of me from a side street. I immediately swerved to the right and attempted to warn the other motorist with my horn, but it did not work. I avoided this crash, but strongly believe a working horn would have helped a lot in this situation. The horn on the vehicle usually works if you hit it in the very center of the button, but only works about 50% of the time when it is pressed on either side where the horn symbols are. When we tested another 2009 Versa at the dealership, the horn worked even worse than my car. Nissan/North America and the local dealership assert the horn is working as designed. I believe they do not want to admit it is a design defect because they do not want to make repairs. I believe they should stand behind their product and honor their manufacturer's warranty. I hope this dangerous defect will be repaired by Nissan at their expense.

- Champaign, IL, USA

Nov 212011

Versa 4-cyl

Horn not reliable and will not always work or makes a low "sick" sound, had to have fuel valve replaced as car wouldn't start, had to replace battery, had to replace door panels as material on arm rests came out.

- Austin, TX, USA