7.4

2009 Nissan Versa accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Nissan Versa:

2009 Nissan Versa Owner Comments

Sep 242010

Versa 4-cyl

Difficulty reading speedometer) I have a 2009 Nissan Versa hatchback. This safety complaint is based on the fact that the quadrant ( zero to 40 miles) cannot be read during most daylight hours. The backlight provides a contrast sufficient to read the speedometer only during evening and low light periods. It appears this is a design problem because the speedometer face is set so far back that is it deprived of natural light and/or the back light is not strong enough to create a contrast. The quadrant (70 to 100 mph) receives sufficient light to be read, but I never drive over 60 mph. This is indeed a safety hazard because in strict speed zones, especially schools that use camera enforcement, I am forced to drive with one hand on the wheel and the right hand holding a flash light. I made a complaint to Nissan and they advised they cannot do anything to correct the situation. I stress this design flaw on the part of Nissan is a hazard to safe driving.

- Baltimore, MD, USA