1.7

2009 Nissan Versa brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Nissan Versa:

2009 Nissan Versa Owner Comments

Jun 012015

Versa

Driving along, heard a loud pop as I turned onto a major roadway. The car was pulling very badly to the left side and could barely stop the vehicle. Had to have the car towed home and the struts replaced on the car. After doing some research this seems to be a common and very costly issue. I was quoted $930 to have this issue resolved. Not a happy Nissan owner.

- Tallahassee, FL, USA

Jan 302015

Versa

The coil spring broke on the passenger side of the car ripping into the tire, while I was driving. The car's steering was immediately affected and so were the brakes, since the broken spring ripped the brake line. I broke down in an underpass and had to call the police since we were placed in a dangerous spot with cars speeding by. I did not expect this for a car that is 6 years old! from what I have read so far this seems to be a prevalent problem with Nissan versus and it seems that the dealers are not taking any action.

- Boston, MA, USA

Aug 282013

Versa

When applying the brakes at a low speed the vehicle accelerated to approximately half a throttle for about 10 seconds, everything went back to normal after this incident. This happened 2 other times with the same results. Each incident was about a week apart.

- Kings Mountain, NC, USA

Jan 092013

Versa 4-cyl

I was driving in the middle lane on the highway in a rainy morning and saw the car in front of me putting on brakes. I put on the brakes (pretty hard but not all the way through, 70%). instead of slowing down, the car started to make a sharp turn to the right lane, then swirled back to the middle line and to left line, and spun into a "8" shape facing the oncoming traffic and spun across the right line and threw itself in the ditch. I went to Nissan dealership and asked them to check out the car. What explained to me is that Nissan have drum brakes, and in this cause, drum brakes did not held the wheel in the rain. The front brake stopped, but drum brakes for back wheels are not working, and that caused car spinning. To sum up, the brake works fine when weather is good, but the manufacturer defect shows up in rainy or icy days. Drum brakes did not work in those weather conditions. The car did not have ABS brakes and the salesman did not told me.

- Arlington, TX, USA