2009 Nissan Versa engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Nissan Versa:

2009 Nissan Versa Owner Comments

Aug 032015

Sudden, unexplained acceleration from 40 to 60mph. Car was unresponsive to braking.

- Brandon, FL, USA

Mar 022013

Vehicle accelerates to a high speed with slight tap or will not accelerate at all.

- Lewisville, TX, USA

Aug 272013

The contact owns a 2009 Nissan Versa. The contact stated that while driving 40 mph, the vehicle decelerated without manual force. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnosis but they were unable to duplicate the problem. The manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 63,000.

- Rio Linda, CA, USA

Mar 112013

Versa 4-cyl

To whom it my concern, the day March/11/13, I was driving my Nissan Versa 2009 at route 9 South, New Jersey, when my car stop running, at that time I got scared because it never happen before, I look at my dashboard and what I saw that it was power and gas but my Nissan Versa do not want to stare, after an hour trying, I called the towing truck to take my Nissan Versa to the mechanic, after a few hours my mechanic called me to tell me the fuse of the fuel pump blow up, I asked him the replace it wit a new one. With all that in place I. when back to drive my Nissan Versa. Now let me tell you that I used my Nissan Versa to go to work and to drive my family around. Now my second incident I was driving again on the route 9 South,06/28/13, but with the only difference that I was driving on the third lane my Nissan Versa with a heavy traffic and my family in the card, it happen again, no gas, no power, looking for to stay away of the traffic, trying to protect my family from to get hurt, now my question is "do I need to risk my life or my family every time that I driving my Nissan Versa 2009""thank god at these time I was capable park on the side of the highway and call the towing truck to bring my family and my Nissan Versa 2009 home, what about if was my wife driving", I know she wont have the strength to move the car with out power. Please help me to resolve these problem, for you it my not be a big deal but for me is my life in risk if I drive my Nissan Versa 2009. Thank you in advance. God bless

- Oldbridge, NJ, USA

Jun 272011

The contact owns a 2009 Nissan Versa. The contact stated that after coming to a stop, the vehicle hesitated to accelerate further. The failure recurred on an intermittent basis. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer, where they were unable to diagnose the failure. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 24,000.

- Bensalem, PA, USA

May 142010

Versa 4-cyl

I drive a 2009 Nissan Versa. I got it April of 2010. This car has unexpected or delayed acceleration. On several occasions I step on the gas to accelerate like when I get on the freeway and the car is very slow to accelerate and then 5 seconds later it accelerates too fast.

- Pasadena, CA, USA