4.6

2009 Nissan Versa fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Nissan Versa:

2009 Nissan Versa Owner Comments

Jun 102011

Versa

I purchased a 2009 Nissan Versa. I have just over 40,000 miles. While driving on the highway at 65 miles per hour in the left lane, my car suddenly shut off and lost acceleration at an alarming rate. Due to a guard rail on my left, I needed to get over to the right lane quickly and was just barely able do so safely. I was almost involved in a very dangerous accident! my car was towed to a local repair shop and it was found that my fuel pump was dead and needed to be replaced. I had to pay for a very expensive repair on a relatively brand new vehicle ! I was told that this happens often. This is extremely dangerous and definitely unacceptable!

- Cockeysville, MD, USA

Oct 202009

Versa

When I first purchased my new 09 Nissan Versa I had a start up issue and then it went away, now approx one year later after purchase I had start up issues...took it to dealership and they put in a fuel pump regulator, from what I'm hearing this is a very known problem. Thought I would advise you since I also heard some people are having to replace this often and some are losing power when driving there cars on highways...I hope this never happens for me since I have to kids!!!!

- Naples, FL, USA