2010 Nissan Versa body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Nissan Versa:

2010 Nissan Versa Owner Comments

Aug 182016

After unlocking my vehicle with the remote I pulled the handle to open the driver's door and it came off in my hand. There did not appear to be any other damage to the door or handle.

- Davis, CA, USA

Mar 182016

After driving home from the airport, we noticed something was not right. Less than two days later, I can barely drive my car without radiating pain from every little road bump. Took my car to the shop and shelled out over a grand to replace both front spring/struts. Now, less than 2 months later, my car is making a horrific rattling sound that shakes the entire car and I believe something is wrong (or even missing) from my exhaust pipe connection. After this, I did some research and the darn springs were recalled in October of 2015. Mine broke in March with less than 60000 miles

- Overland Park, KS, USA

Feb 172015

We live in Virginia, while my 18 year old was driving out of high school to come home he felt a huge bump coming around the corner coming home (thank goodness he was close to our neighborhood and not in the highway). He stopped the vehicle close to the house and noticed that as he was turning the coils must have hit the tire but due to the rust under the car from the salt the muffler fell off. This could have cause some severe damage to someone driving behind him if he was driving faster or in the highway. I have called Nissan cooperation first to explain the situation. But since Nissan representative made a spectacle of herself when I told her I had cancer and its the only vehicle we have that my son takes me to appointments they unavoidably have been avoiding to call me back.. she told me I dont sound like I have cancer!! I didnt call for ignorance I called to have my issue resolved not to have my cancer thrown in my face. They had my claim number #21697765 transferred to their head office due to the insensitivity and the issue. Their head office calls and leaves me messages at the worst times of the day and never calls me back when I call. I am adding a picture of the rusted muffler and the damage it could have caused my son and his life and others on the road! truly this is irresponsible on Nissan's part!!! I haven't even passed 67000 miles on my car. Please know that allstate was called and advised of issue on Feb.17,2015 same day as incident. My representatives name was sarah and she advised me to call Nissan and they must supply a better part or a better vehicle due to a lack of response and lack of safety parameter of my sons life and if I was I the vehicle, my life!

- Woodbridge, VA, USA

Aug 282015

I opened my drivers door, the handle came completely off. The drivers door will not open from inside either. It sounds like it still works but nothing happens when you try to open it from the inside. The key will not open it, no outside door handle, possible interior plastic\electrical components broken. Vehicle still runs and drives fine. Powertrain is intact. Interior is falling apart due to cheap construction. Looked online to the Nissan forum board and saw many other people with same problem with door handles breaking for no apparent reason. Car is only equipped with one key entry on drivers side only. Keyfob and security system starting to break down. Went to Nissan dealership in steven point wi and they will only fix if I have money to repair. Ford dealership in Wisconsin rapids where I bought the car said that the warranty does not cover this. Repair could cost me over $700+.

- Nekoosa, WI, USA

Feb 122014

Versa 4-cyl

Driving in snowy/icy conditions. Vehicle started angle towards oncoming vehicle (large power company bucket/boom truck). The trucks driver (there were more than one) saw me coming at him. The truck moved to the side of the road to avoid me. I collided into the driver corner of the large truck head-on. Bumper went into the engine. Tail-end of my vehicle swung around to meet his driver side with my passenger side. When my vehicle broke loose from the bumper, the whole front end came off and part of the engine came out. Once I collided with my passenger side, I spun around hitting the rear of my vehicle as well. I slid back across the road as I was spinning into a small area near a fence. That is where the vehicle stopped. I had to be cut out of the vehicle. Now.... after all this; the only air bag that blew was the curtain bag on the passenger side. The driver curtain airbag, the airbag in the steering wheel nor the passenger airbag in the dash did not go off. I have suffered body(physical and mental) damage from this accident. I feel that since I hit head-on, the driver airbag should have deployed. I do believe this is a defect that Nissan does not want to admit to.

- Amarillo, TX, USA