2010 Nissan Versa steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Nissan Versa:

2010 Nissan Versa Owner Comments

Jan 022016

Power steering system failure. Computer can't talk to part and will powersteering will work on and off. The car's P.S. failed, then the mechanic started it, still no P.S., then when car was restarted again the powersteering worked fine. Car was stationary and when car was put in gear problem was discovered

- Tappahannock, VA, USA

Oct 012015

The power steering lights comes on and the steering wheel is hard to turn.

- Omaha, NE, USA

May 022015

Spring broke unexpectedly, while driving at a low velocity. It's hard to believe that a spring can break as it did. The vehicle has low miles, and the mechanic couldn't bekieve it himself. Mechanic informed me that he has repaired two other vehicles, same make and year with the same exact issue, and the same exact side. My estimate for the repairs is $1,500. If Nissan is aware of the issue, and has done nothing about it, they should be ashamed of theirselves. This is a safety hazard that can lead to injury or even fatalities. I have been buying Nissan vehicles for almost twenty years, but this has made me lose confidence in the company.

- Ormond Beach , FL, USA

Jun 112015

I was driving out of a parking lot at 10 mph and heard a loud pop sound coming from the passengers side front wheel area and smelled burning rubber. I pulled over and noticed a 360 degree gash in the front passenger tire sidewall. I took the tire off and noticed the suspension spring was broken and was scraping the sidewall of the tire.

- Scranton, PA, USA

Apr 082015

While driving in I 55 on the right lane the stirring wheel got locked up and the vehicle went to the right into a ditch in the shop after the accident, it was hard to remove the ignition switch ! definitively no alcohol nor sleep;

- Lemont, IL, USA

Feb 122014

Versa 4-cyl

Driving in snowy/icy conditions. Vehicle started angle towards oncoming vehicle (large power company bucket/boom truck). The trucks driver (there were more than one) saw me coming at him. The truck moved to the side of the road to avoid me. I collided into the driver corner of the large truck head-on. Bumper went into the engine. Tail-end of my vehicle swung around to meet his driver side with my passenger side. When my vehicle broke loose from the bumper, the whole front end came off and part of the engine came out. Once I collided with my passenger side, I spun around hitting the rear of my vehicle as well. I slid back across the road as I was spinning into a small area near a fence. That is where the vehicle stopped. I had to be cut out of the vehicle. Now.... after all this; the only air bag that blew was the curtain bag on the passenger side. The driver curtain airbag, the airbag in the steering wheel nor the passenger airbag in the dash did not go off. I have suffered body(physical and mental) damage from this accident. I feel that since I hit head-on, the driver airbag should have deployed. I do believe this is a defect that Nissan does not want to admit to.

- Amarillo, TX, USA