2011 Nissan Versa miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Nissan Versa:

2011 Nissan Versa Owner Comments

Aug 222016

Versa

My vehicle has about 42,000 miles. All of a sudden, the engine roars and sounds like a helicopter. I took it to the dealership and they stated that the muffler and exhaust system needs to be replaced. They attribute it to rock salt. However, this is a common issue with this car. The material used by this manufacturer and/or their vendor is not of good quality. If not addressed, this could lead to an accident and it must be recalled. There are numerous complaints against Nissan regarding this issue to no avail.

- Brooklyn, NY, USA

Jun 282016

Versa

I have 42000 miles on my car, and all of a sudden yesterday my muffler started rattling and being extremely loud. I parked my car and it was fine, but when I started it up to leave where I was it was noisy - very sudden and unexpected. Had someone look at it, and it appears that the flange between my muffler and the manifold cracked clean apart. Not due to rust or corrosion as it is a clean break. He said it appeared to him that it must not have been a very good weld to begin with.

- Findlay, OH, USA

Jun 032016

Versa

Due to poor welding at the flange my exhaust pipe has become severed at the flange even though there is not to much rust present. This is a safety issue due to exhaust not going out the tail pipe

- Leesburg, VA, USA

Apr 222016

Versa

Exhaust system, rear muffler, poor weld at flange: Virtually no rust or corrosion but weld bead separated from flange causing muffler to shake and move around and could possibly separate and fall off vehicle. Also, the loose joint causes exhaust fumes to not all go out the tailpipe tip; which could be dangerous.

- Hackettstown, NJ, USA

Sep 012015

Versa

I was on my way to work one morning at 430am I was on the interstate. I felt a pull in my steering wheel and heard a big popping noise and pulled over to check on it and everything to me at that time looked ok. I keep driving 5 more mins or so and I heard the noise again and at that time my passenger tire was flat, I had to call a tow truck which costed me 160$. I thought it was just a regular tire blow out till my I take it to get fixed and my suspension had busted. I had to replace the front bumper (get it painted extra 135$), passenger side fender windshield wiper box, passenger fender well, ABS senor cable, get the suspension fixed and the plastic piece that goes along under the doors.(the long piece along the bottom) a total of 670$ out of my pocket

- Decatur, GA, USA

Jul 202015

Versa

Exhaust system corroding early after normal use. Need to replace midpipe and springs holding parts of the exhaust system in place. I am having them replaced before it causes an incident, but if not fixed it could have lead to pieces of the exhaust system falling off during driving and causing a road hazard

- Gaithersburg, MD, USA

Jul 052015

Versa

While gardening outside, we heard a loud sound. There under my car was a piece of my car's coil spring, it just cracked sitting in the driveway.

- Baldwinsville, NY, USA