2012 Nissan Versa body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Nissan Versa:

2012 Nissan Versa Owner Comments

Mar 142015

Versa 4-cyl

My wife and I were traveling on bangerter highway in South jordan, Utah. For some reason, there was a latch failure on the hood of the car. There had been no warning, no rattling of the hood, no shaking etc. The hood simply flew up and smashed into the front windshield. This left me (I was driving) with no frontal vision. I was able to pull off the highway safely; but I do not know how I did that. The windshield was shattered (glass shards all over us), the hinges on the hood bent and caused a gash in the fender on each side, the hood was dented, and the top of the car near the windshield was also dented. I can not determine anything I could have done differently which would have saved me this awful situation.

- West Jordan, UT, USA