2012 Nissan Versa body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Nissan Versa:

2012 Nissan Versa Owner Comments

Nov 012015

Versa

I was driving around a curve on a city street when my driver side front coil spring snapped impacting the tire causing my vehicle to swerve over a median sustaining major damages to the undercarriage and body of the vehicle. Recall # 15V573000

- Sacramento, CA, USA

Sep 012011

Versa

The exterior side rear view mirrors are not wide enough to be able to see most vehicles including large SUV's etc, in the lanes on either side of the vehicle while driving on the highway. This makes changing lanes very dangerous. I've nearly collided with vehicles alongside me a number of times trying to change lanes. This will be a constant problem until the mirrors are replaced or I replace the car with another brand.this issue has the potential for causing accidents and needs to be addressed. While all cars have blind spots, the blind spots for this car are especially severe and dangerous due to the exterior side rear view mirrors being too small for vehicles to be seen in. Nissan is somewhat aware of this problem because for the 2015 model year, Nissan has enlarged these exterior side rearview mirrors so that vehicles in lanes alongside the Versa can now be more easily be seen while driving on the highway. I feel Nissan should have to recall the 2012-2014 Versas and replace the existing review exterior mirrors with the larger mirrors that are now on the 2015-2016 Versas.

- Scottsdale, AZ, USA

Feb 182016

Versa

My driver's side door will no longer open from the inside, it can only open from the outside. I was simply parked and trying to exit my vehicle at the time of discovery, and I had to roll down my window to open the door from the outside. There was no specific incident that caused the handle to break, and there was no unusual wear & tear that could have caused the handle to break. We opened the door panel to see if we could find out why the handle wasn't working. We discovered the cord that connects to the handle is broken. Considering I have never done anything unusual with my door handle, I feel that this cord is a defect and should be recalled for other drivers as well.

- Brea, CA, USA

Aug 072015

Versa

I was slowly parallel parking and backing up towards the sidewalk. Then, I wanted to move my foot from the gas to the brake in order to cut the wheel. But, I continued to back up. Before I could even think about why this was happening my car hit the tree at the edge of the sidewalk. At first, I chalked it up to... a strange/uncharacteristic poor physical reaction on my part. However, I have always felt like it was a very strange event and at the time there was a rise of panic as I realized my foot was not going over to the brake. Since it happened so quickly I could never tease out exactly what happened but I have felt as though my foot were stuck there on the accelerator. The impact with the tree loosened it. (I think). Now, I see recalls for other Nissan. The very night of the accident I actually googled the Nissan gas pedal... I went right to my VIN # and checked but my Nissan Versa 2012 was not one of them. However, I saw that last year other models (2013+) did have problems. I still had a weird feeling about it even though my version was not being investigated. And last week when I saw that on the news that 2012S were now also being recalled I went back to look up my VIN # and still no match. I think it is just weird. And, the whole thing happened in 1 sec. And over a span of maybe 3? feet... so it is really hard for me to decide exactly what was going on. My head was turned backwards and I was looking at the tree so I can't honestly say I looked down and saw my foot was stuck... not sure if this is helpful or not but I thought I'd submit this even though I am not sure and let you all see what you think given other's complaints.

- Nantucket, MA, USA

Jun 022014

Versa 4-cyl

4/5/14 car was purchased from a Toyota dealership with approximately 9,400 miles. 6/2/14 pressed on brake when approaching red light. Car did not stop. Slammed into another vehicle. Caused heavy damage, and the driver was hospitalized with injury. Airbags did not deploy. Car sustained more than $4,000 damage and was repaired by dealership. 6/27/14 damage repair completed and released to customer. 6/29/14 backed out of parking spot in a parking lot applying the brake. Car did not stop.

- Wilkes Barre, PA, USA

Jul 142013

Versa 4-cyl

Vehicle has been in 2 collisions over 2 year span. Once T-boned by another car, second time front end collision. First time passenger side door received severe damage, second time major front end damage. Never or neither time did any airbags deploy. Vehicle was doing 35 mph at least each time. Have children and family whom are in vehicle often. Worried about all our safety. Thank you very much, with regards.

- Garden City Park, NY, USA