2.9

2013 Nissan Versa drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Nissan Versa:

2013 Nissan Versa Owner Comments

Apr 232016

Versa

While my son was driving and after coming to a complete stop at a red light (four way intersection) on a city highway, the car cut off in the center of the intersection. Once the light turned green, he proceeded to accelerate, the car went a few feet and shut off.

- Powder Springs, GA, USA

Jan 192016

Versa

I purchased a used car from Mr. Bill motor co in arlington, tx on pioneer parkway. The vehicle started to overheat. I called to inform Mr. Bill motors and I was told they would send it out to be looked at and let me know when it was ready for pick up. It was taken to dg's performance on pioneer parkway for repairs. About a week later the car resumed overheating, I contacted Mr. Bill motors again and they said they would send the vehicle out for repair. They sent it to longhorn transmissions. As my daughter was headed to school after the repairs were completed on I-20 in arlington, tx the car starts to overheat and stops on her, she could not drive the car. She calls longhorn and they send a tow to get her. She was told they did not place the cap on the transmission when they added fluid to it so they would take care of it. Two days later the car is heating again. I contact Mr. Bill motors again in person so they could see and with a video of what the car had been doing, they tell me they will work on it the next day. I could not drive the car from the lot, the engine light was on and I rolled into the street. Two sales men had to push the car unto the property from the street. Two days go by and I am told that it is a transmission issue that will cost me $1500 and take a week to repair from scott and he states that matt another manager is present with him. I called to discuss status update, missing items from the car to find out they were charging me $235 for the tow that longhorn transmission billed them. I explained that I had no knowledge of this charge, nor do I feel responsible for the charge. They did not put the cap on they should be responsible for the charge and that you do not charge anyone without discussing the amount with the person. I asked for the total cost of the repair and I stated I wanted to speak to the repair place. I was given a number for jeff.

- Grand Prairie, TX, USA

Nov 042015

Versa

Cvt trans internal failure @60,933 mi., trans made a loud clunking sound beforebecoming inoperable, required a tow truck to get to dealer. Now has new cvt trans @ no cost because car was covered by warranty vehicle died on hwy exit ramp.

- Easton, PA, USA

Oct 292015

Versa

Both front wheel bearing went out, started making a loud noise.

- Houston, TX, USA

Apr 092014

Versa

The contact owns a 2013 Nissan Versa. While driving at various speeds, the vehicle changed into different gears and the brake pedal extended to the floorboard when it was depressed. There were no warning lights illuminated. The dealer diagnosed that the transmission needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired with a new transmission, but the failure persisted. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 20,000.

- Hendderson , NV, USA

Mar 042014

Versa 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2013 Nissan Versa. The contact stated that while driving approximately 50 mph, the vehicle suddenly stalled. The vehicle was restarted and operated normally for approximately 5 miles before stalling a second time. The contact indicated that the failure was recurring. The vehicle was taken to the dealer but the defect could not be duplicated and no repairs were performed. The contact also stated that the transmission erroneously engaged into neutral. The manufacturer was not contacted. The failure mileage was 3000.

- Oakland, CA, USA