2014 Nissan Versa brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Nissan Versa:

2014 Nissan Versa Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Apr 082014

Versa 4-cyl

I was leaving work on private property and a 19-year-old hit the side of my car on passenger side with her manual truck. Nothing deployed, she slammed me very hard and the car should be totaled, it is over half what the car is worth at this time. Body shop repairs are 5,658 plus another $500 for deductible, plus $282.92. The car is not worth that much and should have been totaled. Now, I have problems with it on a constant basis.

- Lakeland, FL, USA

Mar 182014

I was driving up the street and when I pushed down on the brake it started to shake I only had the car for a day at the time, then within the next week the light around the radio dim in and out all the time and when braking sometime the brake will release on its own and the car will jump forward. When I took it in to Nissan they said they could not duplicate what I stated was happening and that there was nothing wrong with it but till this day it is still happening and I spoke with the manager who also says there is nothing wrong with it.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Nov 112013

Went out to start car push in clutch and car rolled out into street had brake on but did not hold and after starting motor the brakes worked ok with engine running.. everytime I start the car if you are on a slope the car will roll and hit something. I checked threw out the day and found that when car is not running you have no brakes. You do not have any power brakes when engine stops they become hard immediately lose power assist not like other cars where you have 2 or 3 applications before brake loss. If put in a emergency and engine stopped running your brakes would not work and you will hit something causing an accident. I took it to Nissan they said they have no solution and good bye. I called Nissan headquarter and they said their tech's said it is ok and normal.

- Albuquerque, NM, USA