5.5

2014 Nissan Versa electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Nissan Versa:

2014 Nissan Versa Owner Comments

Nov 052016

Versa

The contact owns a 2014 Nissan Versa. The contact stated that brake pedal failed to engage without warning. As a result, the contact was unable to start the vehicle with the push to start. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic but was not diagnosed or repaired. The technician informed the contact of NHTSA campaign number: 15V418000 (electrical system) but the VIN was not included. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 40,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- College Park, GA, USA

Sep 102015

Versa

The contact owns a 2014 Nissan Versa. The contact stated that the gears slipped on several occasions. The contact also stated that while driving at approximately 20 mph, the vehicle stalled. The vehicle was able to restart. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who was unable to replicate the failure. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The vehicle was included in NHTSA campaign number: 15V507000 (service brakes, hydraulic, vehicle speed control). The contact mentioned that the recall remedy repair was schedule for mid October of 2015. The failure mileage was not available.

- Ardmore, OK, USA

Apr 182015

Versa

When I got in the car, I went to start it by pressing the brake. The brake pedal went all the way to the floor and the accelerator pedal did as well. It took about 10 minutes for them to release and come back up, before I could get my car started and drive back home. I was scared for my life it was going to stick again on my 2 hour ride back home.

- Charleston , WV, USA

Aug 162014

Versa

I was going to pick up one of my kids and all the lights came on. The brakes, manual transmission, and the steering wheel did not work. I called the dealer and the pick it up and did a 24 point check up. The service agent told me on the phone that they called Nissan and they did a complete reset of the system. When I pick it up the service representative was no where to be found. I had some questions about what he told me, but he wasn't available. In my paper work all they put was that they did a 24 point check up and nothing was found. I hope this doesn't happen when I?M driving on the highway at 70 mph. I would like to get more information about this problem.

- Cape Coral, FL, USA