2015 Nissan Versa brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Nissan Versa:

2015 Nissan Versa Owner Comments

Nov 012016

Versa

Our car was traveling in a very slow speed on an on-ramp of interchange from freeway 110 North bound to 105 West bound in los angeles county. The traffic flow was in a very slow moving fashion. Since it was an uphill on ramp, I had to step on the gas pedal slightly to keep the car moving at a slow but steady speed. As the traffic got slower, I gently stepped on the brake to slow down the car. While I was holding down the brake pedal, suddenly I heard a "clunk" noise and felt a vibration. At this point, the car started moving on its own without a sign of slowing down. I immediately tried to step on brake with full force but felt the brake having no pressure at all. As the car continued to move forward with uncontrolled speed, the only thing I could do at that moment was to veer the car towards the right edge to avoid direct impact with the front car. By reading the owner's manual, I believed the anti-lock braking system function was being erroneously activated at the time of the incident since the dry and non-slippery road condition did not warrant such activation. And what made things even worse was, for whatever the reason, the car was moving on its own in an uncontrolled speed while the break pedal was completely losing the pressure due to the ABS activation. This vehicle was being recalled and serviced for sudden acceleration safety concern due to the lower panel trim design in August. The liability insurance claim was filed for the accident. The mileage was 8740 at the time of accident. Photos of the accident scene are attached and along with other documents.

- Foothill Ranch, CA, USA

Oct 122016

Versa

When driving the car at speeds 40mph and above, the car does not stay in the lane. This car is continuously pulling to the left out of the lane towards cars in the middle lane, with no control to correct, then pushed to the right out of lane, back and forth my whole ride with no subsiding. The issue at times escalates by getting out of control while driving straight on any road, going back and forth left to right very fast and short by itself with the steering wheel centered. For this issue I'm needing to wait for the correction and slow down the car. The front tires are continuously getting thrown out of alignment as soon as I drive it following servicing. I have had 4 service appointments for alignments and balancing within a 2 week time frame, replaced tires, and brought to Nissan directly for a diagnosis with no change to this safety issue. I do not believe the alignment is the root cause of this safety problem. In addition, when a car or any vehicle drives by my car on any road, more severe on the highway, my car is pushed across my lane and there is no windy conditions. This does occur on the highway and local streets. It is also apparently visible to other drivers as I see cars from behind me move to the middle lane, speed up and pass me in the far left of their lane, then cut me off. I do not believe again that this is a wheel issue, and I do not know what is the root cause of this is however what I do know is that it is not safe for myself or others on the road. I have an opened complaint with Nissan Consumer Affairs and so far their response has been, go back to Nissan for another alignment, to which I have had several already with no change to the root problem.

- Wellington, FL, USA

Dec 112015

Versa 4-cyl

Coming to a red light failed to brake and rear ended another vehicle. You think you are going to brake, but since the accelerator pedal is to close to the right side panel of the car, wont let your foot to move it easy and your foot gets stuck to the open cut area of the trim that the Nissan experts attempted to fix the problem under recall, and there were no brake lights on the car and was witnessed....updated 01/25/16

- Gainesville, FL, USA