3.4

2015 Nissan Versa wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Nissan Versa:

2015 Nissan Versa Owner Comments

Oct 122016

Versa

When driving the car at speeds 40mph and above, the car does not stay in the lane. This car is continuously pulling to the left out of the lane towards cars in the middle lane, with no control to correct, then pushed to the right out of lane, back and forth my whole ride with no subsiding. The issue at times escalates by getting out of control while driving straight on any road, going back and forth left to right very fast and short by itself with the steering wheel centered. For this issue I'm needing to wait for the correction and slow down the car. The front tires are continuously getting thrown out of alignment as soon as I drive it following servicing. I have had 4 service appointments for alignments and balancing within a 2 week time frame, replaced tires, and brought to Nissan directly for a diagnosis with no change to this safety issue. I do not believe the alignment is the root cause of this safety problem. In addition, when a car or any vehicle drives by my car on any road, more severe on the highway, my car is pushed across my lane and there is no windy conditions. This does occur on the highway and local streets. It is also apparently visible to other drivers as I see cars from behind me move to the middle lane, speed up and pass me in the far left of their lane, then cut me off. I do not believe again that this is a wheel issue, and I do not know what is the root cause of this is however what I do know is that it is not safe for myself or others on the road. I have an opened complaint with Nissan Consumer Affairs and so far their response has been, go back to Nissan for another alignment, to which I have had several already with no change to the root problem.

- Wellington, FL, USA

Jul 172016

Versa

I rented a car from dollar car rental. As I was driving at the posted speed limit, the tire tread separated from the tire. I have contacted both the rental car and the tire manufacturer. The tire manufacturer did not even acknowledge receipt of my correspondence. I know this has been a problem in the past. I have asked the rental car company for car maintenance records to help determine whether it was a maintenance issue or a tire issue. When I rented the car, it had approximately 36,000 miles. I look forward to understanding how I file a report of this potentially very dangerous issue.

- St. Petersburg, FL, USA