- August 9: Nissan Settles Takata Class-Action Lawsuits For $98 Million news | 14 days ago
- August 9: Nissan Recalls Titan Crew Cab and Titan XD Crew Cab recalls | 14 days ago
- July 30: Ford and Mazda Want Out of Takata Recall of 2.7 Million Airbags recalls | 24 days ago
- July 21: Nissan Recalls 515,000 Versa Cars Due to Takata Airbags recalls | 33 days ago
- July 16: Nissan Timing Chain Noise Causes Lawsuit news | 38 days ago
2017 Nissan Versa
1 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 2017 Nissan Versa
Official recalls have been issued for the 2017 Nissan Versa by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions.
Recalls don't cost you anything to get fixed, but most are time-limited, so if your car is affected you should call your local Nissan service department immediately!
If you have questions about a recall, write down your VIN & then call Nissan customer service.
2017 Nissan Versa AIR BAGS:SIDE/WINDOW NHTSA Campaign #16V724000
Summary: Nissan North America, Inc. (Nissan) is recalling certain model year 2017 Versa vehicles manufactured August 1, 2016, to August 16, 2016. A seam in the fabric section of the side curtain air bags may tear during side curtain air bag deployment, potentially affecting the performance of the air bag. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 226, "Ejection Mitigation", and number 214, "Side Impact Protection."
Consequence: In the event of a crash necessitating side curtain air bag deployment, if the side curtain air bags do not deploy as intended there would be an increased risk of injury.
Actions: Nissan will notify owners, and dealers will replace the left and right side curtain air bags, free of charge. The recall began on December 2, 2016. Owners may contact Nissan customer service at 1-800-647-7261. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #16V724000 »