9.3

2014 Nissan Versa Note engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Nissan Versa Note:

2014 Nissan Versa Note Owner Comments

Jul 032015

Versa Note

Was driving on highway during stop and go traffic and engine cut off completely while the car was in drive. Put car in park, and try to restart but vehicle would not restart and had to be pushed to the side of the road during traffic. Made several attempts to restart vehicle and it would not start. I let car sit for 30 minutes and car finally restarted. I took the car to dealership on 7/6/15 and they adjusted the idle but could not diagnose the issue. On 8/8/15, I was leaving a store and started to yield to turn onto a busy street and the car completely died again. I took the car on 8/11/15 to Nissan dealership and they reprogrammed the ECM, but did not say that would permanently fix the issue. I'm an extremely concerned consumer as I have seen several post online from consumers for this very issue, and I don't feel Nissan has done their part to diagnose the issue. Being that the car shuts off unexpectedly with out forewarning, I'm concerned should this shut down occur when the vehicle is traveling at a high speed a fatality could occur.

- Fountain, CO, USA

May 152014

Versa Note 4-cyl

When coming to a stop at a stop sign or red light, it seems as though even though you are braking, the car is still trying to push 'gas'. the car will feel like it is making little 'jerks'. it does not do it everytime, but enough to notice and make you uncomfortable. When stopped or parked, I also have noticed that the car 'shifts or moves easily and I am now in the habit of applying my emergency brake everytime I leave the car.

- Harrisburg, PA, USA

May 052014

Versa Note 4-cyl

My vehicle, unless I'm an exerting more pressure than necessary on the brakes, will lurch forward when the air conditioner fan kicks on. If I'm not consciously paying attention to pressing hard on the brake, the car will start to drift forward even at a standstill. The brakes do not brake smoothly. It is not a gradual smooth stop, it feels like slamming on the brakes with every stop.

- Asheville, NC, USA

Feb 012014

Versa Note

This was just a rental vehicle, but this problem was serious enough that I feel it necessary to report. There is a recessed well above the accelerator that traps your foot. Several times while driving this vehicle, I would attempt to pivot my foot on its heel off the accelerator over to the brake, only to find my foot trapped in the recessed space above the accelerator. I would then have to relax my foot and pull it back in order to release my foot and move over to the brake. This delayed braking time several times unless I was consciously paying attention to avoid getting my foot trapped. I wear a size 12.5 shoe, but that's not inordinately large.

- Marlborough, MA, USA

Dec 292013

Versa Note 4-cyl

Pulling away from a toll booth on I-80, car would not accelerate. Check engine light. Towed to dealer at owner's expense, pulled tran codes P0500, P1574, P1715, P1720 and P0720. Only had car for 5 days. After 17 days at dealer, replaced 2 sensors, 31935-1xf00 sensor asmy-rev (N/C) 1 31935-1xf01 sensor asmy-rev at recommendation of Nissan tech line. Dealer was unable to replicate the problem prior to repair. This was a life threatening occurrence, car would not accelerate while pulling into traffic.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

Oct 082013

Versa Note

The contact owns a 2014 Nissan Versa note. The contact stated that while driving at 25 mph, the vehicle failed to respond to acceleration attempts. The contact also mentioned that the vehicle erroneously decelerated while the accelerator pedal was depressed. The vehicle was taken to a dealer and the mechanic stated that the problem was unknown. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified. The failure mileage was 3,600.

- Lake Oswego, OR, USA

Oct 032013

Versa Note 4-cyl

Intermittent lack of acceleration. Happened 4 times in 6 days. Tried accelerating from stop to enter cross street and found no acceleration and no engine increase. Traveled 50 feet at 6 to 10 mph before a response with pedal to the floor. Turned into dealer, but there was no resolution. This is a possible deadly problem.

- Pensacola, FL, USA