2014 Nissan Versa Note miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Nissan Versa Note:

2014 Nissan Versa Note Owner Comments

Mar 292016

Versa Note

I was driving in stop and go traffic and as I stopped at a red light in the left turn lane, the engine cut off completely and would not start. I had to ask a group of people to help push my car to the side of the road during rush hour traffic. I waited about 30 minutes and the car was able to start again. I was nervous to drive on the expressway to get home as this could pose as a serious threat to safety.

- Pingree Grove, IL, USA

Sep 052015

Versa Note

Spontaneous crack in windshield from bottom edge on passenger side. Car was sitting, not running. I was in the car doing work related paperwork when this occurred. I heard a noise, looked up and saw a crack appear and spread upward.

- St Louis, MO, USA

Jul 032015

Versa Note

I live in Arizona. I had come to a stop at a red light in some heavy traffic. I was getting ready to make a right turn. At the point of making the right turn the car died. I could not complete the turn. Basically I started to head into other cars that were making a left turn which was perpendicular to my car. I was able to avoid hitting any cars and at the same time was lucky not to be hit by any cars. The car ended up in that left turn lane. When the car stopped I turned the key to the off position and then put the car in park and then waited a minute or two and started the car back up again. No check engine light stayed on after restarting the car and I was able to make it home which was a 1/2 mile away. It was about 105 degrees outside. This seems to be an issue for this type vehicle when it is hot outside. I think one of the service bulletins mentions exactly what I went through. This needs to be fixed because one or more people will get hurt or die. I never have had any issue really of any type with this vehicle before. All the maintenance work that is needed has been done on time. The car has been maintained properly. I did notice probably 30 minutes before driving that the car was having problems accelerating. I kept thinking I didn't have the car in the correct gear but I did. The car during that time seemed sluggish.

- Yuma, AZ, USA

Aug 022014

Versa Note

I purchased my Nissan Versa note on 05/14/2014 I took it back to Nissan in ocala Florida. Complaining about the brakes. Now they are 10 times worse, the center console does not work, the paint is pealing, and the paint on bumper is cracking. I was sideswiped on August 2014 and the brakes almost caused us harm, I swerved off the road just in time. I could not come to a short stop, due to the brakes not holding the oncoming car came off the road and side swiped my car. And then went back on the road to hit 2 motorcycles headon. Thad car came over into my side of the road, and was coming at me head on.the brakes went to the floor. I am glad I kept my cool and swerved to the right ending off the road. If not I would be dead rt now. Also I was having trouble with the drivers side front tire. I took it to be checked at a tire shop in temple Texas.the tire assistant showed me my tire, believe it? I have a hard time! there was a plug in my brand new tire. On a brand new car purchased from a Nissan dealer! the electrical system does not work correctly. I have to giggle and giggle the cell phone charging unit to get the phone to both inserts.the gas gauge does not read correctly all the time.......sometimes on a full tank it shows 200 miles and other times it shows 369 miles.......the paint bubbled up and is pealing. I am sure there is most likely other issues.

- Temple, TX, USA