2014 Nissan Versa Note steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Nissan Versa Note:

2014 Nissan Versa Note Owner Comments

Jul 032015

Versa Note

Was driving on highway during stop and go traffic and engine cut off completely while the car was in drive. Put car in park, and try to restart but vehicle would not restart and had to be pushed to the side of the road during traffic. Made several attempts to restart vehicle and it would not start. I let car sit for 30 minutes and car finally restarted. I took the car to dealership on 7/6/15 and they adjusted the idle but could not diagnose the issue. On 8/8/15, I was leaving a store and started to yield to turn onto a busy street and the car completely died again. I took the car on 8/11/15 to Nissan dealership and they reprogrammed the ECM, but did not say that would permanently fix the issue. I'm an extremely concerned consumer as I have seen several post online from consumers for this very issue, and I don't feel Nissan has done their part to diagnose the issue. Being that the car shuts off unexpectedly with out forewarning, I'm concerned should this shut down occur when the vehicle is traveling at a high speed a fatality could occur.

- Fountain, CO, USA

Nov 102014

Versa Note

While traveling out a country road, I was coming up to a stop sign at the bottom of a hill. When I made an attempt to stop, I had no brakes what so ever. I could see that there was no traffic coming from either direction so I made an attempt to make the turn on to the roadway but had no steering either. With no way to control the car I ended up going straight through the stop sign, across the road, through a tree stump and into the side of an abandoned house. With the impact the airbags did not come out even with an impact great enough to cause suspension damage along with other major body and structural damage to the front and passenger side of the car. This is the second time with this vehicle the air bags did not come out, the first is when my husband hit a deer head on at 55mph and air bag sensors had to be replaced due to them being triggered. About a week before, I lost power steering while making a low speed turn but car quickly recovered. The dash and radio has flashed several times on and off and while attempting to accelerate from a stop the car acts as if it has no power and shutters before finally picking up speed. The dealerships service department stated that there is nothing wrong with the car and would send us on our way and when asked about the non air bag deployment they just stated that sometimes it happens, well now it has happened twice.

- Pedro, OH, USA