2015 Nissan Versa Note steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Nissan Versa Note:

2015 Nissan Versa Note Owner Comments

Jan 122016

Versa Note

I rented a 2015 Nissan Versa note from budget rental out of the prov ri airport on 1-12-16 to go to a wake & funeral. After leaving the wake and about 7:30pm not long after starting the vehicle and traveling 1/2 mile I lost both the ability to brake and steer, I wasn't going more than 10 mph. The vehicle lost control of both the steering and the brakes were hard and unresponsive. The vehicle crossed to other lane and slowly brushed against a telephone pole. I got out and didn't see any damage. I drove the vehicle apx 1.5 miles to my brothers house and parked it for the night. The next morning I was leaving and noticed that there was a small dent on the fender so I was going to look at the pole 1.5 miles away and backed the vehicle out of the driveway and started to pull forward and 12-15 feet going forward the steering and brakes would not work. I got out and saw that the wheels were both pointed in and after looking closer noticed that the left stering connector that was suppose to be engaged to the rack in pinion stering was not engaged and only the right front wheel would spin. I video taped the tire tracks that the vehicle traveled and that the wheels were both pointed in ( which couldn't have been driven 1.5 miles from the accident) called budget rental, let them know, they dispatched tow driver and he and I winched the wheels so they could be placed on dolly for tow. I took pictures of tow driver. I informed budgets mechanic of wheel issue and he said he would have Nissan look at it. I felt justified that my account of the incidident was not in question. I then videoed the pole, tire tracks and the 1.5 mile drive to my brothers home. Budget then sent my insurance co a bill for the body work but failed to mention anything that supported my claim as to the steering. I have dvd's pictures and video pertinent supporting this claim. Please look into.

- Nalcrest, FL, USA