8.9

2001 Nissan Xterra brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Nissan Xterra:

2001 Nissan Xterra Owner Comments

Nov 222003

Xterra 6-cyl

Nissan, Xterra, 2001. Within 6 months of purchasing the vehicle I began having problems with the brake pedal. When applying the brakes after a short period of time the pedal will sink approximately 1 - 2 inches. I have taken the vehicle several times to the dealer since I purchased it. The first time the dealer told that they replace the booster. The problem still continues, and I have taken it back to the dealer and they tell me that there is nothing wrong with the brakes. The problem had not been resolved to this date which has been three years.

- Harlingen, TX, USA

Dec 032000

Xterra 6-cyl

When applying the brakes after a short period of time the pedal will sink approximately 1 - 2 inches. I have taken the vehicle several times to the dealer since I purchased it. The first time I was told that they replace the bake booster. The symptoms continued. When I return to the dealer I was told that there was nothing wrong with the brakes. The problem continues every time that I have to apply the brakes for more that a few seconds.

- Harlingen, TX, USA