9.3

2001 Nissan Xterra windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Nissan Xterra:

2001 Nissan Xterra Owner Comments

Jun 202003

Xterra SE V6

So sick and embarrassed to have to lean on and or pull window up myself and hold the switch at the same time. It takes two hands to do and while driving not very safe. So if there is no solution because I read the numerous complaints. I'd like to have the old manual window cranks installed in my car instead. I'm sick of this aggravation. Please tell me a solution.

- , Augusta, GA, USA

Jun 012013

Xterra SE V6

The windows do not operate and if you open the trunk all four doors automatically lock. Engine still sounds great and runs smoothly. Electrical issue is a safety issue.

- , Cinnaminson, NJ, USA

Sep 302005

Xterra LS

I purchased a 2001 Xterra used from a dealer with 4000 mi in 2002. In 2005 all 4 power windows failed. Checked with dealer and they said my car missed a service bulletin cutoff based on mfg date by a few days. The repair cost estimate was very expensive so I didn't get it fixed. I have been driving the car with a piece of wood propping up the driver side window, otherwise it drops down, and the other 3 windows are taped shut ever since. Since the fix is futile as the parts keep failing from what I have read on this subject, the only thing to do is live with it. My family has switched over to 3 Jeep Libertys (2003--2006) and they really work fine--and they made good on recall items.

My advice is never buy anther Nissan, and buy Jeep Liberty instead.

- , Folsom, Pa, USA