2001 Nissan Xterra windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Nissan Xterra:

2001 Nissan Xterra Owner Comments

Jun 012004

Xterra 4WD 6-cyl

I purchased my 2001 Nissan Xterra in May 2004. As I was driving home I noticed how the driver's and passenger's window glass shakes badly, as if they were going to fall right out the window or break. I contacted the dealer the 2 days later and was told, they would check into it and get back to me. For the following 3 weeks we had arguments over the financing of the vehicle, which we finally resolved, but they refused to explain or offer information about the window glass. I have seen a mechanic about the situation, and was informed that the regulators for all four windows need to be replaced as they are defective. I notified the dealer and they refused to correct the problem, stating I have to pay for it myself! I would like to know if there is a recall or something that Nissan is doing to repair this at minimal costs to owners! thanks!

- Bronx, NY, USA

Oct 042003

Three of the four power windows on my 2001 Nissan Xterra failed.

- Raleigh, NC, USA