2002 Nissan Xterra brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Nissan Xterra:

2002 Nissan Xterra Owner Comments

Apr 102003

Nar 04/10/2003 the consumer is requesting that NHTSA please provide alternative information on how and where she can obtain purchase parts and procedure information specified to comply with recall #R2019. Which is in reference with Nissan ABS warning lights.

- Franklin, NY, USA

Jan 302003

Xterra 4WD

While driving 55mph, my rear axle broke causing the wheel to fly off, loss of control, and obvious damage to the car. I later found out that there was a ABS recall for this identical problem, but I was never informed of the recall. After 4 weeks, I have been told the Nissan will cover the repair of the vehicle, but that is all. I would like to know if there is anything else I can or should pursue for negligence on behalf of the corporation and the dealer. I was extremely fortunate that myself and my 2 year old were not seriously injured or killed in this accident, and feel someone should be held acountable.

- Lehighton, PA, USA