- July 21: Nissan Recalls 515,000 Versa Cars Due to Takata Airbags recalls | 7 days ago
- July 16: Nissan Timing Chain Noise Causes Lawsuit news | 12 days ago
- May 28: Hawaii Sues Ford, Nissan and Toyota Over Takata Airbags news | 61 days ago
- May 18: South Korea Looking to Prosecute More VW Executives news | 71 days ago
- May 9: Nissan Sunroof Shattered For No Reason, Says Lawsuit news | 80 days ago
NHTSA — Power Train: Manual Transmission Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004 Nissan Xterra doesn't seem to have any problem trends. The only thing prospective owners should be aware of are the less-than-perfect (but acceptable) crash test ratings.
There are a very few transmission complaints, but nothing like the huge defect that shows up starting in with the 2005 model year.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 1 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 3,850 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.