- August 5: Infiniti M35 Hybrids Recalled To Keep the Engines Running recalls | 18 days ago
- July 25: Nissan 'ProPILOT' To Make Debut in Serena Minivan news | 29 days ago
- July 19: Takata Has Been Lying (To Everyone) Since At Least 2000 news | 35 days ago
- July 16: Nissan Recalls 2016 Sentra Over Stalling Problems recalls | 38 days ago
- June 1: Nissan Recalls Pathfinder SUVs to Fix Brake Light Switches recalls | 83 days ago
Engine Whining Noise
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Xterra appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
The same defect exists in the Pathfinder & Frontier as well. And according to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 86,485 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 4 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace timing chain and tensioners (3 reports)
- not sure (1 reports)