- June 28: Plastic Trim Causes Investigation of 360,000 Nissan Versa Cars
- June 27: Nissan LEAF Recalled Because of Auto Shutdown
- June 11: Over 1 Million Cars Might Have Explosive Takata Air Bag Inflators
- June 4: Nissan Recalls SUVs With Wheels That Could Fall Off
- May 29: Nissan Recalls Rogue Over Wrong Steering Bolt
Engine Whining Noise
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Xterra appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
The same defect exists in the Pathfinder & Frontier as well. And according to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 86,485 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 4 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace timing chain and tensioners (3 reports)
- not sure (1 reports)