- May 16: South Korea Accuses Nissan of Cheating Emissions Tests news | 9 days ago
- May 12: Mitsubishi: 'Improper Manipulation' of Fuel Consumption Rates news | 13 days ago
- May 5: Consumer Group: Don't Buy Nissan Pathfinder, Frontier or Xterra news | 20 days ago
- May 4: Nissan Recalls Rogue For Lift Gates That Won't Stay Open recalls | 21 days ago
- April 30: Nissan Recalls 3.8 Million Vehicles to Fix Airbag Problems recalls | 25 days ago
2005 Nissan Xterra
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Xterra appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
The same defect exists in the Pathfinder & Frontier as well. And according to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
Worst 2005 Xterra transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- radiator leak causes transmission failure278
- jerking while driving12
- vehicle shudders at 40mph7
- "newly replaced" transmission failed2
- no low gear1
- sludge in transmission fluid1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission51
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission3
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Cooling ...1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Xterra Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Xterra compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Xterra overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Xterra.