- January 29: Nissan Recalls 930,000 Altima Cars To Replace Hood Latches recalls | 16 days ago
- December 12: Nissan Recalls Rogue To Fix Roll Away Risk recalls | 64 days ago
- November 21: Nissan Recalls Altima and Maxima To Fix Brake Calipers recalls | 85 days ago
2005 Nissan Xterra
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Xterra appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
The same defect exists in the Pathfinder & Frontier as well. And according to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
Worst 2005 Xterra transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- radiator leak causes transmission failure270
- jerking while driving11
- vehicle shudders at 40mph6
- "newly replaced" transmission failed1
- no low gear1
- sludge in transmission fluid1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission51
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission3
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Cooling ...1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Xterra Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Xterra compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Xterra overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Xterra.