- November 7: Nissan Recalls Vehicles For Exploding Air Bags and Acceleration Problems
- November 4: Infiniti Recalls Over 14,000 Hybrids and SUVs
- October 23: Mazda and Nissan Recall Vehicles With Exploding Air Bags
- October 9: Nissan Recalls Altima to Repair Hoods That Can Fly Open
- September 4: Nissan Recalls 181,000 March, Micra and Sunny Cars
2005 Nissan Xterra
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Xterra appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
The same defect exists in the Pathfinder & Frontier as well. And according to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
Worst 2005 Xterra transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- radiator causes transmission failure217
- jerking while driving10
- vehicle shudders at 40mph5
- "newly replaced" transmission failed1
- transmission failure1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission51
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission3
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Cooling ...1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Xterra Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Xterra compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Xterra overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Xterra.