- March 20: Nissan Frontier Side Airbag Lawsuit Moves Forward news | 3 days ago
- March 11: Nissan Versa Recall: Airbags Deploy From Shutting Doors recalls | 12 days ago
- March 7: Nissan Altima and Maxima Steering Lock Problems to be Fixed news | 16 days ago
- February 13: Nissan Recalls Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4 SUVs recalls | 38 days ago
- February 12: Nissan Exploding Sunroof Lawsuit Filed in California news | 39 days ago
2005 Nissan Xterra
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Xterra appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
The same defect exists in the Pathfinder & Frontier as well. And according to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
Worst 2005 Xterra transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- radiator leak causes transmission failure295
- jerking while driving12
- vehicle shudders at 40mph7
- "newly replaced" transmission failed3
- no low gear2
- sludge in transmission fluid2
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission52
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission3
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Cooling ...1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Xterra Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Xterra compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Xterra overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Xterra.