- May 29: Nissan Recalls 402,000 Vehicles to Replace Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 1 days ago
- May 16: South Korea Accuses Nissan of Cheating Emissions Tests news | 14 days ago
- May 12: Mitsubishi: 'Improper Manipulation' of Fuel Consumption Rates news | 18 days ago
- May 5: Consumer Group: Don't Buy Nissan Pathfinder, Frontier or Xterra news | 25 days ago
- May 4: Nissan Recalls Rogue For Lift Gates That Won't Stay Open recalls | 26 days ago
Jerking While Driving
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Xterra appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
The same defect exists in the Pathfinder & Frontier as well. And according to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 98,942 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 12 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (11 reports)
- replace radiator, transmission (1 reports)