- September 9: Recalled: Nissan Cars and SUVs At Risk of Fires recalls | 19 days ago
- August 31: Mitsubishi Fuel Economy Scandal Grows Larger news | 28 days ago
- August 5: Infiniti M35 Hybrids Recalled To Keep the Engines Running recalls | 54 days ago
- July 25: Nissan 'ProPILOT' To Make Debut in Serena Minivan news | 65 days ago
- July 19: Takata Has Been Lying (To Everyone) Since At Least 2000 news | 71 days ago
NHTSA — Power Train: Driveline Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Xterra appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
The same defect exists in the Pathfinder & Frontier as well. And according to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 1 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 45,594 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.