Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2005-2007 Xterra appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.

The same defect exists in the Pathfinder & Frontier as well. And according to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.

2006 Nissan Xterra windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Nissan Xterra:

2006 Nissan Xterra Owner Comments

Oct 192009

This afternoon around 4:30 pm, I received a call from my campus security at work. Apparently, someone had walked past my car in the parking lot and noticed that the back rear window had shattered and blew out. When I went to see what happened, the security officer told me that there were no signs of force by a person, but it seemed that the glass had blown out from the inside. We took numerous pictures, and the officer also mentioned that it had happened to a handful of other cars this year alone, including other Nissan. He speculated that it was due to the temperature change. Earlier in the morning, the car was frosted over when I drove to work. By afternoon, it was warm enough without a jacket. No one was injured in this situation. Our work campus is also fenced with secure entry at all times. Afterwards, we cleaned up the glass so that it would not shatter on the road while I drove. Tomorrow, I will be taking it to the dealership to find out if this should have been recalled.

- Caldwell, NJ, USA