2008 Nissan Xterra drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Nissan Xterra:

2008 Nissan Xterra Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Oct 292012

Xterra 6-cyl

I own a 2008 Nissan Xterra (4X4 4.0L 6cyl 5 speed automatic transmission) with vehicle mileage of 114K. Im the sole own of the vehicle. In late October of 2012 I had to have the radiator replaced along with the transmission, due to the a interior crack in the radiator causing the coolant to leak into the lines of the transmission fluid. This resulted into complete disaster, as my vehicle was not shifting properly, the transmission began to slip in which the transmission had to be replaced along with the radiator. The two mixed fluids inside the transmission appeared coffee mixed with cream like, the color was a creamy/light brownish inside the transmission. I'm writing to you in hopes this can assist towards the on going investigation and in hopes of a reimbursement with my total repair costs& rental costs, or a vehicle replacement. I hope my story helps the hundreds of others who have similarly been affected in the costly matter. Thanks

- Orlando , FL, USA

Jul 062012

Xterra 6-cyl

I was driving at 65 miles ph and suddenly my car slowed down to 40 miles ph and I was very lucky noboday was riding my butt I had to exit the hwy and pull over.

- Buckeye, AZ, USA

Feb 092011

Xterra

The cooling system is contaminated w/oily substance, transmission fluid. Trans. Is making loud noises, jumps out of gear @ hwy speeds, drive train making a 'rumbly' grinding sound, car dangerously pulls down very quickly to much lower speed when pressure released from accelerator.

- Stephens City, VA, USA