2010 Nissan Xterra brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Nissan Xterra:

2010 Nissan Xterra Owner Comments

Sep 152010

Xterra 6-cyl

Vehicle parking brake does not hold due to rear axle seal leaking fluid contaminating parking brake shoes. Issue is covered under tsb via NHTSA item number 10033306, but Nissan will not cover under warranty despite being a safety issue.

- Houston, TX, USA

Jan 102014

Xterra 6-cyl

I started the car to let it warm up. The manual gearshift was in neutral and the emergency brake was engaged. As I got out of the vehicle, it lurched forward and I attempted to get back into the vehicle to apply the brake. It lurched a second time before I was able to get inside. I attempted to get inside the vehicle a second time to apply the brake but was not able to due to the car lurching forward again.. on the third "lurch" it continued to drive forward, hitting my mother's parked car and pushing it back approximately 3-4 feet into the back wall of her carport. Finally, the engine died and I was able to restart it, back it away from my mother's car, and assess the damage to her vehicle and my body. I purchased this used vehicle 12 days ago.

- Barre, VT, USA