2012 Nissan Xterra drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Nissan Xterra:

2012 Nissan Xterra Owner Comments

Feb 022014

The contact owns a 2012 Nissan Xterra. The contact stated that while traveling various speeds, the vehicle suddenly lost acceleration power. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was found that the clutch and flywheel needed to be replaced. The vehicle was being repaired. The manufacturer was contacted about the failure. The failure mileage was 23,633. The VIN was unavailable.

- Burlington, MA, USA

Apr 302012

Xterra 6-cyl

I first noticed my clutch start to slip upon leaving a stop sign. 15 miles later I was stranded on the side of the road with no gears. My clutch had gone out on a brand new Xterra with 1800 miles on it. It was towed to the concord, ca Nissan dealer where I purchased it. I was badgered on abusing the car since it had some mud on the tires and they insisted I did not no how to drive manual. I had to replace the clutch and "blued" flywheel since they did not cover it with the warranty. They said this was the worst flywheel the shop has seen. Here I am with 22,000 miles on the car and the clutch is severely slipping again. I will bring my car in to Nissan tomorrow. I bought a Nissan because I expected high reliability standards but I was wrong. This is the last Nissan I will buy and I will certainly pass on the word to my friends. There have been lots of people with the same problems so I am not the only one.

- Moraga, CA, USA

Apr 062013

Xterra 6-cyl

Vehicle would not start, because of a broken clutch pedal stopper. This broken part prevented the depressed clutch pedal from activating the clutch safety switch. This is a safety defect, because this a 4WD vehicle intended for off-road use; had this part broken "in the middle of nowhere, " a serious safety-related incident could have occurred. Also, this part broke a just 1540 miles on a vehicle that has not be abused. Vehicle had to be towed to dealership. Part was replaced under warranty.

- College Station, TX, USA