Slow Coolant Leak

8.0

1999 Oldsmobile Alero cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Oldsmobile Alero:

1999 Oldsmobile Alero Owner Comments

Mar 022008

Alero GS V6

so i bought my Alero from my aunt dealership... as is no warranty!! within the first month was told my oil plug was stripped and transmission pan was leaking therefor no shop would change my oil Ive replace those several times. now the whole hub assembly has been replace 5 times and is shot again. i recently had all sensors replaced and my fan still wont run. power steering pump, belts hoses water pump you name it, its been replaced. about a week ago noticed a crazy leak, now i now is caused by the dex-cool luckily my mechanic will flush the system and put in a better anti freeze. but screw this car already have 4 sale signs getting a Honda lol if anyone will buy this hunk of junk

- , Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Nov 052008

Alero 3.4L V6

It's bullshit. I bought this car used at a buy here pay here. I test drove it and it seemed like a really good car. The low engine coolant light came on so I figured that it needed coolant in it. It was 4 days since I had got the car and put coolant in it and the day after I did it f*cked up on me. What the f*ck. Here is the sh*t kicker. Superior Auto sold this car to me without even looking it over first or asking me if I wanted them to look at it. How stupid is that. I really don't f*cking care because they are not going to be happy with me tomorrow when I go in there and it's not going to be pretty.

- , Converse, IN, USA

Jan 102007

Alero 3.2L

needs anti-freeze about twice a month and no leaks until the car sets for hours, then not able to see where it leaks, very slow leak

- , Columbus, OH, USA